Is this true?

BtsNhoS

I need a truck
So my buddy's brother is the top diesel tech guy/thing (whatever) at the dodge dealership down the road and we were talking about my truck and he was telling me what a bad idea it is to add 2 cycle oil when i fill up...the truck has been gettin the oil for years now without any trouble and it has +270k miles on her, so i was wonderin if there is something that i dont know or that im doing wrong, i usually ignore this little stuff but like i said he made a really big deal about it, what do you guys think is he just bein like a typical dealership mechanic in this area or does he have a point? :Cheer:

A good friend of mine is a mechanic, and I think he said you can burn up to 5% oil through the fuel. He usually only suggests 2-3% if I remember correctly.

a 12v injection pump will eat straight waste motor oil and like it

now since he works on newer trucks all day he was probably talking about the cp3 common rails.....they are a whole different animal.

A mechanic may not have an issue with someone running certain fuels/additives, but someone who does fuel injection system work may.

Dodge techs don't know jack **** unless they read it an a sevice manual. We have more questions from dodge service techs about installing our clutches than anyone.

Ok maybe not all techs are like this but most are.

now since he works on newer trucks all day he was probably talking about the cp3 common rails.....they are a whole different animal.

yeah when he asked why i added it i told him so i dont get the cursed pump lol i seem to get about a mile sometimes 2 miles per gallon better, but i think your right about the newer trucks

if I had a penny for every "top diesel tech" or "guy who works at Cummins" who didn't know their ass from a hole in the ground, I'd be a millionaire.

Dodge techs don't know jack **** unless they read it an a sevice manual. We have more questions from dodge service techs about installing our clutches than anyone.

the ones around here dont know a dang thing it seems like, they know how to rip people off though

A good friend of mine is a mechanic, and I think he said you can burn up to 5% oil through the fuel. He usually only suggests 2-3% if I remember correctly.

Good advice.

Not so good advice.

the ones around here dont know a dang thing it seems like, they know how to rip people off though

Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding.

Old man pulling a Camper, has truck troubles takes it to the Dealer, they are going to rip him off with a repair or a trade!

Run the Oil!

What makes you think the fuel system tolerances are different between mechanical injection and CR injection?

never said anything about tolerances?

if you filter wmo it will run......the small amount of additives and fuel in the oil are not ideal

you tell me the difference, i dont know

.003 on the P7100 B&P. Not a good idea to introduce wear metals and dirt from waste engine oil.

I'd have no problem with additives that are clean, in any diesel. Manual or electronic.

.003 on the P7100 B&P. Not a good idea to introduce wear metals and dirt from waste engine oil.

I'd have no problem with additives that are clean, in any diesel. Manual or electronic.

slightly off topic question just for my info, how good would a centrifuge do at cleaning up waste oil?

funny you mention that... I was thinking if you ran the waste oil through a centrifuge filter, you'd probably be fine to use it

My grand father ran so much stuff thru his 12v for 250k miles, it's not even funny.

Any kind of fluid I've drained out of my truck. WMO used trans fluid kerosene, gallon of gas evert tank, lighter fluid for zippos, varsol ( parts washer ). No issues whatsoever. Lol.

I'm not a dodge tech, but I did stay at a holiday inn express last night.

I agree 100%. Most are a bunch of Wyotech grads, that "know it all". LOL

did you save 15% on car insurance by switching to geico too? LOL

Back