ISO Cummins

Bscott

I'm looking for a 4x4 12 valve cummins truck. I've been approved for a $4,000 loan. I'm not super concerned with what it looks like just as long as it runs and drives good. I don't know how easy it is to find something like that for what I have. I've seen some on Craigslist but they've had problems. I went to look at one this morning but the guy didn't show up. I figured a forum like this would be a good place to look. I'm looking to buy my first diesel. I'm in 47331. I'd like to stay within an hour or two from home. Thanks for any help.

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/4986711389.html

This is $4k, unfortunately it needs a head gasket and has 364,000 miles. Not to mention it's over 20 years old. Chances are it needs front end work, maybe tires, and it has an auto trans which probably is not going to last very long at upgraded power levels.

My point is that I'm not trying to burst your bubble, but it might be better to keep saving your money until you can afford to buy a nicer truck. Like the guys above said: you're not going to get much for $4k.

Good luck in your search and I hope you find a deal and prove us wrong.

I got my 97 sclb auto for 3750, no dents, no rust, inside the bed is a lil messy, 4had a paint job but some clearcoat is coming off on hood and fenders, 203000 miles. The frontend needs work and interior is about like 90% of them. but other then that its SOLID! But I had an in with a company that bought out the company that had the truck, and luckily it was the old mans cruise around truck. If I wasnt picture post stupid I would post a pic of it. Sometimes you can get lucky and find a really good deal, but I know I STOLE my truck from them lol.

Meyers Farms, the first truck is actually the one I went to look at it. It was pretty much what I was looking for. The guy didn't show up because he said he thought he was going to get stood up.

I know it's a long shot to find something. I thought I'd give it a shot. I'm going to keep an eye out for deals. And I will probably raise my budget. I asked the bank for 4k to look at the one needing a head gasket.

Meyers Farms, the first truck is actually the one I went to look at it. It was pretty much what I was looking for. The guy didn't show up because he said he thought he was going to get stood up.

I know it's a long shot to find something. I thought I'd give it a shot. I'm going to keep an eye out for deals. And I will probably raise my budget. I asked the bank for 4k to look at the one needing a head gasket.

Like I said before, I hope you find a deal and prove us wrong. That was pretty crappy of the seller not to show up.

Back