It has finally came.

Can we grind enough material away for headstuds without getting into a component?

Forrest Nearing ahh, so it doesn't open the valve at the top of the stroke? there's got to be a way to adapt/modify it!

You'd have to come up with a way to signal the injection impulse on the companion cylinder to modulate the exhaust valve openings to turn it into a true compression brake; I think that'd be pretty tough since this housing is'nt machined for it. Maybe there'd be a way to do that with a pulse sensor on a common rail?

so they came up with a $2-3k engine brake for an engine that already has an EXCELLENT exhaust brake?

way to go Pacbrake :rolleyes:

I'm interested!..want to try it for my new project 24v p pump first gen, I've got a 5" remote mount exhaust brake...and have been looking at a standalone vgt setup.. any one have a sound slip of one working?...
Thanks
Deo

They renamed it the "Loadleash"
LoadLeash Specifics

From there mechanics picture it looks like it opens on compression and exhaust strokes..just closed for intake strokes. Doesn't list price etc...I'd like to run one on a 24v p pump, with a inline exhaust brake, with either vgt twins or a regular twins...

that's how an engine brake works... I'm curious if they only have it listed for use with VGT to keep blatant straight pipe engine brake use at bay. Though if they're holding the valve on the entire compression stroke, it's not going to sing like people want it to. I'm sure somebody will modify it to act as a true jake brake

someone get me roachie's addy an I'll get him a box a purple crayons in the mail. :)

Sorry to let you down Roachie. Quoted from the PacBrake ad:

Unlike traditional engine brakes which require expensive mufflers to dampen high noise levels, the LoadLeash™ is virtually silent

For $3k I want to sound like a big rig!!! That's a bummer:thumbdown:

i have an 11 5500 with a manual and the vgt brake works awesome so heres my question we already have 150 bhp this adds another 200 for 350 total what happens when its raining and you turn all this on . anyone ever seen a big rig after some rookie driver downshifts and throws the jakes on in a hurry jack knife big time seen many of swift truck with the cabs torn off from this happening but if it was loud id still want one

I saw these at the SEMA show and thought they were Awesome! I wonder how long before the idiots screw this up for everyone.

i have an 11 5500 with a manual and the vgt brake works awesome so heres my question we already have 150 bhp this adds another 200 for 350 total what happens when its raining and you turn all this on . anyone ever seen a big rig after some rookie driver downshifts and throws the jakes on in a hurry jack knife big time seen many of swift (Sure Wish I'd Finished Training) truck with the cabs torn off from this happening but if it was loud id still want one

Fixed it

that's how an engine brake works... I'm curious if they only have it listed for use with VGT to keep blatant straight pipe engine brake use at bay. Though if they're holding the valve on the entire compression stroke, it's not going to sing like people want it to. I'm sure somebody will modify it to act as a true jake brake

You'd have to redesign the whole thing. The weeper brake has one control solenoid for all of the exhaust valves. There is no way to time them. 2/3rds of a true jake system is missing.

Forrest, your PM box is full. With or without guts, what ever is cheapest. I don't care.

[/hyack]

Back