It runs!

cliff-1972

That's right.After more than 3 years of building my Ford/Cummins is up and running.I didn't video it yet but will do so.I have some fuel leaking around the injector holders on the head.What might cause that???I am going to check the banjo fitting on the return lines off the injectors too.It does have some bobbles coming around the injector holders though.The Ford coolant temp sensor isn't working and I don't know why??May just install a Autometer meter gauge.I idles at about 900rpm in park.Real touchy,responsive throttle.

What I still have to get done though is.The program on the PCS.I,with lots of help from Mo Smoke,tried to get the unit programmed today.There is a issue with the Windows 7 not working with the PCS program.Tim has been a great help to me on getting it wired up and finalizing the last bits of the build.I can't thank him enough.I also want to thanks everyone else who has given advice and ideas on my build.Thanks again guys!

its a great feeling for sure to hear it fire the first time!
especially after a coupe years! it is a ton of motivation to get it finished up for sure!

How long did you have it running when you checked the temp gauge? I also just got mine up and running and it took a lot of :st: to get her hot enough just to show on the gauge lol

Congrats!! Had mine running on ether last night, gotta recheck the timing. It's a great feeling just to hear that thing firing!

Congrats!! its a great feeling to finally hear it run!

Just remember, with a major build like this, there are bugs to be worked out..

Oh and another great job from Tim (Mo' Smoke), he was a great help to me with PCS programming too!

Thanks,guys.I did have it running for about 15 minutes and the top rad hose was hot.The temp probe sensor is in the top of the head off a T.This is where the heater hose connects also.The heater hose was warm/hot.I will try and find a temp gun next time I run it.

On my trans program issues.I talked to PCS and they said the Radio Shack USB to Serial cable is cheap and most likely the problem.I order one from them today.Hopefully this fixes the issue.

Been there done that. I know the feeling to...Hope everything works out..:rockwoot:

Still working out the trans issue with Tim and Joey @ PCS.I have a erratic TPS signal right now.It's getting closer.I have fixed the temp gauge issue.I hooked up the wrong wire :bang

Back