It's been awhile..

5shifter

Well after 4 years since the last hook in 2006 and hooking WS at the local brush pulls here in Indiana, the best hook at that time was 260 with open carriers all the way around. Well one thing came in the way of the continuing build....Purdue University.

So after 4 years of slowly gathering parts, and having to replace a blown turbo in the mix along with a clutch rebuild/Emergency Room trip over a Spring Break, it took one week of thrashing after work to get everything together for another Brush Pull to see how it was running against some of the 2.6 trucks in the area.

Needless to say, the nerves got the better of me at coming out with the sled. Ended up leaving the line at about 3,300(It's a VP truck with no Redline...I ran out of time to get that on there) and instead of going pedal down, went aeound 100 ft before realizing it was only about 3/4 throttle or so. Other than that, everything felt pretty good and drove it home unscathed other than the 12:00 AM TSC parking lot rear U-joint shield takeoff. Final distance was 266.8. I think 315 to 320 won it, I can't remember. I know the truck has a little bit more in it, and I'm planning on finding out what that is before I go to a P-Pump.

In the video, you can see when I figure out I'm not trying to shove the pedal through the floor. It kills me every time I watch it.
Things on the to do list still: front locker in, Redline on, and some other various tweeks before I let it eat again.

I guess I forgot the purpose of the post in my story telling...
I was just curious as to what you all think of how it ran?(besides the driver error at the beginning) I realize you can't see the tire rotation coming out, etc., but from the sounds of it, how did it sound? I'd like to try to high side of the transfer case sometime to see what that does, but I'm unsure of when to choose it. And They were sideline Nazi's for video taking purposes, so I apologize for the video to be so far away.

I was carrying around 3500 to 3600 down the track, it was pretty loose from all the rain that occurred a few days before. I pulled 3rd, 4lo, with 3.54 gears, according to the calculator, should be about 20-21 mph down the track.

Better get the Redline on if you wanna go 2nd hi. Depending on your charger, tire size, and how you come out will determine how much better you do. Regardless, you're gonna be way over geared and probably snuff out pretty hard at the end. You should have the fuel though. Just my $.02.

I've got a few vids posted on youtube of mine running with that same basic setup to give you an idea.

Better get the Redline on if you wanna go 2nd hi. Depending on your charger, tire size, and how you come out will determine how much better you do. Regardless, you're gonna be way over geared and probably snuff out pretty hard at the end. You should have the fuel though. Just my $.02.

I've got a few vids posted on youtube of mine running with that same basic setup to give you an idea.

Alright thanks. Yeah I was wanting the Redline on there, but I ran out of time to send it back to Chip to get it reflashed and get an 01 map sensor harness for it. The tires are BFG AT's 305/70/R16 and a HTT Sledpuller 66(66/65/12). Unfortunately didn't get a larger exhaust housing.

And what's your link to your youtube channel?

Here you go. Shelbyville will be the last run I have up of 3.54's.

My Channel

Also, you don't need a MAP hookup to run a Redline. I haven't used one since 2007. Before turning the key on hold the left and right button until startup. Seems the only time I ever have to do that after the first time is when some of my menu options disappear, such as the 2nd line feature. No big deal though, just kill the truck, hold the buttons and start the truck again.

Last edited:
Back