Jacobs Exhaust brake question

LeroyVT

I just got a 05 Jacobs Exhaust brake and I thought it would fit on my 03. The more info I find it seems that it wont. What is the difference between the 2? I heard the outlet is larger on the 04.5 and 05 turbos. To make it work can I just switch the downpipe to a 05? thanks for the input.

Just get a downpipe off an 05-07 truck and it should work.

Its not a different down pipe. The exhaust flange on the two turbos are different where the exhaust brake/ elbow mounts to the turbo.

I put a 351 elbow on a 341 turbo just a few weeks ago. I got both style elbows so tomarrow I'll measure them and post a comparison pic for y'all. I wanna say they are interchangeable.

Its not a different down pipe. The exhaust flange on the two turbos are different where the exhaust brake/ elbow mounts to the turbo.

no, the flange where the elbow mounts is exactly the same. it's the downpipe flange that's different.

03/04 have a 3.5" diameter downpipe flange, 04.5-07 have a 4" flange.

if you get an 04.5+ downpipe, it will work just fine

03 on left. 04.5 on right in all pics

79c38651.jpg

38550524.jpg

So 05 down pipe and I will be fine? I need to make sure the brake will match the turbo that's all correct?

Does anyone know about if the throttle stuff will work? I know I have to put the pins in the ecu and wanted to make sure that was correct.

Does anyone know about if the throttle stuff will work? I know I have to put the pins in the ecu and wanted to make sure that was correct.

There should be a yellow and green going to ecm. One is to tell the brake to shut off at idle above 170 degrees. The other is to tell it when the throttle is released.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?nahr23
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back