Jeep 3.0

Gen-X

I know theres not alot of us out there. But if any one has some performance goodies they found for our jeeps pass it along.

TS makes a module.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk...... That is why my replies are short and my spelling sucks.

TS makes a module.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk...... That is why my replies are short and my spelling sucks.

Yeah I've seen that very $$$$$. I have a diablo PP in now what I would really like to find is some one that knows more about the Tranny and tuning for it. The TQ management is a huge problem.

Yeah I've seen that very $$$$$. I have a diablo PP in now what I would really like to find is some one that knows more about the Tranny and tuning for it. The TQ management is a huge problem.

Give GDE a call. They are big into the 2.8 Liberty's but are starting to work with the 3.0 Mercedes now (I believe).

Might be worth a try...

Don't think I've contacted GDE yet but I'll look into them. I've read that article before if I remember right that ts is around $800 for a fuel rail box (don't quote me on that). They also show an intake in that article that never made production :bang

Don't think I've contacted GDE yet but I'll look into them. I've read that article before if I remember right that ts is around $800 for a fuel rail box (don't quote me on that). They also show an intake in that article that never made production :bang

The luxury series MP-8 has come down in price. I've seen them for $450 a few places.

Ha ha, yeah - on the air intake, it's tough to own a vehicle with limited production. Or at least a vehicle with a smaller performance following than the trucks. Guess there wasn't enough of a market to follow through with production on them.

I'm pretty impressed with what GDE has been able to do for my Liberty, if they have anything to do with the Mercedes mill I'm sure it'll be worth your while.

Thats what drives me crazy, from what I've researched overseas you can get this engine in all kinds of stuff and its been in production for years. Its the wifes car any way so it might even be a good thing I can't get to crazy.

Last edited:
I hear ya, on all accounts. The 2.8 is all over Europe as well. And, the Liberty we have is my fiancee's, so I'm a little glad we can't modify it much past stock.

:Cheer:

The turbo is really small on the 3.0 Mercedes motor. It looks like 260 HP is about the limit.

As far as transmission tuning, they came with the same transmission NAG1, as the SRT-8 Jeeps. I believe the NAG1 also came in a few Chargers, Magnums, etc. There is quite a bit of performance/hotrod following for the SRT-8's so that means there are lots of transmission options. One of the more common names I hear is "Southern Hot Rod."

My wife is the proud owner of an 07' Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD so I keep my eyes and ears open for performance upgrades. If I lived in place without emissions laws and testing, I'd be really tempted to add a second turbo, get some larger injector nozzles cut, pay GDE for some custom tuning, install a built transmission, and go run low 12's at the local drag strip.

Completely stock, these torquey diesel Jeeps will bark all four tires from a dead stop when you turn the traction control off and build a little boost against the brakes.

I believe there the same trans as the SLRs also, but I still haven't found any one willing to work on them performance wise. I don'thave to worry about the emissions just my wife if I break something.

For about $480, you can upgrade the transmission solenoids to the higher pressure ones that came in the higher power SL65's.

That's about the best band-aid transmission upgrade I've come up with similar to a shift kit on a Diesel Truck Transmission. Based on the SRT8 Jeep Guys, these trannies start slipping and having problems around 550-600 whp on the Hemis, so roughly 500 to 550 wtq.

I just recentl bought a Gde tune for my wifes 08 gc crd. It made a remarkable improvement in the jeep, performance is great and even better mileage. I was having swirl motor issues and keith was able to turn my swirl motor and egr off completely. gde has the best product out the right now.

I found a lot of items on JF to do. I purchased a 2008 grand cherokee limited 4x4 crd for my wife:

GDE eco tune
Gutted my turbo resonater
elephant hose mod- sends blow by to the ground instead of into turbo
MBRP exhaust- it a 1/2 bigger than stock
Rock Krawler x-factor 4 inch lift
255-75-17bfg km1's jeep rubicon tires(basicly 32's)
rough country 1.5 inch wheel spacers

even with lift and larger tires 22 mpg around town is easily achieved. The jeep will spin the tires on take off, even though it is all wheel drive. Engine is slightly lauder as the tune removes a pilot injection, but wife does not notice it.

That is a start on some mods, the mercedes diesel engines are great except for the swirl port motor. Once it is turned off with a tune, these engines can do 1 second faster 0-60 times. My little jeep was allready quicker than a hemi, but it will move now.

Bump to keep this thread alive. I've got a murdered out 2wd CRD 07 Grand Cherokee

I've got a connection on Aluminum intake plugs for the intake tube when doing the elephant hose mod and working on a resistor mod for the Swirl Motor

260hp is way too much for that micro turbo, even 220hp is pushing it's limits. Mercedes uses a GTB2260VK on it's 260hp models in Europe.

Back