jgs wastegate instructions

redram04

Looking for the pdf that shows the wastegate plumbing when using a regulator to control the gate. Saw it on here before but cant find it now.

Thanks

Put air pressure on a regulator and feed it to the bottom port, to see how many PSI it takes to open it. This will tell you what spring you have.

Then measure the diameter of the "valve" and you can use PSI x area to figure the force on that. The drive pressure on the valve and the pressure on the bottom inlet of the gate sum together to open the gate. Spring pressure and pressure on the top work to close the gate.

I ran filtered drive pressure to the bottom, and regulated pressure to the top IIRC.

Everything I had was on an air compressor quick connect, so I could hook up to my regulators to verify their settings etc. I also made a male/male fitting to blow air back through my drive filter to "clean it out" from time to time.

Last edited:
I need to start looking at the one I have. I had it on when I first got the 467.7, but it even with full boost pressure to the top and bottom vented, it was opening around 20 psi.

Back