Just bought an 06, got some questions.

jambbii

milk
Just picked up an 06 mega cab 3500 2wd drw with an auto. The truck only has 42k on it now. Has been dealer maintained all of its life and its bone stock. Any comon problems with these trucks? I noticed the rear main seems to be leaking a little bit (nothing hitting the ground). How does the cummins 100k warranty work? Goign to be leveling the truck and doing exhaust work for now.

Thanks,

Josh

IIRC oil leaks are only covered under the 36k bumper to bumper warrant.

Sounds like a nice truck, get underneath and extend the crankcase breather hose. The stock length hose can make it look like the rear main is leaking. My two cents.
Oh yeah.....some gauges and a Smarty would be a good addition to your new ride!

Stock fuel filtration is one issue. Get yourself a 2 micron setup or build your own. Injectors will appreciate it.

Check the coolant hoses by the turbo. The clamps get loose and it drips looking like the rear main or tranny seal is leaking.

A/C systems are garbage.

Tobin

You guys hit the nail on the head! Coolant leak and all (not bad). I know the a/c systems suck. My friend runs and a/c shop so I am going to see what he can do. I lowered the rear today, looks pretty good.

So the fuel filters suck? I will put this on the top of my list getting a new setup. Going to strait pipe it tomorrow and do some more cleaning..

Josh

well a friend of mine put some of that Barrs leak rear main seal stop leak in his truck and it hasnt leaked in months. im not the type to throw a temp fix @ a permanant problem but it appears to be workin good. Dont and I mean Dont run Barrs leak or anything like that in your coolant system as a cheap fix!

Back