Just installed gauges, HOLY!

Jonas

Trans and boost look like they should. 27lbs, tranny is barely registering. EGT's at 60mph were around 900*. Short trip around the block. What are you guys running for temp? I didn't have time to cruise for any distance. Not sure if I got the probe in to far. That EGT reading made me vomit a little in my mouth.
Jonas

Was the truck in regen? I would think that would make it run pretty hot. Hell I dont know, just a guess.

I bet it runs a little hot like that. The new stuff has it's problems. How's your fuel mileage?

Where did you put your probe. In the manifold, when I had a DPF it would run 1400 in regen for about 15mins down the highway. But now with no DPF it runs much cooler.

Mounted the probe pre-turbo in the manifold about 2" up from the turbo connection. Using cruise control set at 65 this morning on the way to work I was seeing between 850-950. When it went into regen that was almost scary. I know these truck run hot but WOW. Somebody needs to hurry and make a code free DPF delete.

And to think I wasn't feeling the love today. :bang LOL

Unloaded on flat ground @ 60 Mph your EGTs shouldn't be 900. Unless you're pushing a sail worth of wind the EGT's should be about 600*. .......knuckelheads.

Unloaded on flat ground @ 60 Mph your EGTs shouldn't be 900. Unless you're pushing a sail worth of wind the EGT's should be about 600*. .......knuckelheads.

Mine always have been higher than that in both of my trucks

Chris

Last edited:

900 at 60mph is normal on a 6.7.

Alright, gotta an update on temps. Pulling my camper 55-65 in the flats temp was 900. I can accept that. From a dead stop or hitting the hills it can easily jump to 1100-1200. I didn't see anything crazy. Weird, I drove over 400 miles and no regen. Don't bother asking about mileage, IT SUCKED, but that thing will pull like a dang train.

I cruise at 70mph with egt's at 850* with no issues. At 60mph I drop down in 3rd locked and only hit 5-600*. In OD at 60mph I'm around 7-800*.

Jonas,

Relax a bit, bro. You sound like you need a beer.:chug:

The truck isn't doing anything different than it was before the gages.

There's a saying I heard off a Ford kid that applies here:

"The only people with oil temperature problems are people with oil temperature gages."

Not to diminish the importance of gages and the information they provide, but you're stressin' way too much about those numbers. That truck will run all day long at 1100+ degrees and as long as ambient air allows the coolant temps to stay in check you'll never hurt a thing. Especially with stock fuel.

I don't know from experience on the 6.7, but every previous evolution of the Cummins engine has been more temperature tolerant in regards to EGT. 5.9's will easily take bursts north of 1500 for short durations.

You wanna bug your eyes out? Go up to the drag and pulling forums, ask what those guys hit for EGT. Especially 2.6 and 2.8 non-water pulling classes. Quite a few of those are still daily drivers.

Sounds like a nice truck, man. Relax on that pyro, make sure the tip is centered in the port, and get us some pictures of that ride. $.02

Back