JW Speaker Evolution 8900 LED headlamps 5x7

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofelas

Bought two sets from my farm rep. Keeping on one truck, second truck no longer needs.

Crazy bright, focused & efficient headlamps, low current draw, works at full output from 9-32v, so no headlamp harness needed to save that headlamp switch, can be installed on 12/24 volt systems, lots of big trucks run these. Yes, I've had Cibie/Marchal/Bosch/Hella H4 conversions, from 55/60w to 80/100w - these whup them all on low beam, high beam, side flood & despite what anyone claims about "LEDs run too cool for winter" the heatsinks put off enough ambient heat to keep the lenses at least as clear as the windshield.

Specs here - http://www.jwspeaker.com/products/led-headlights-model-8900-evolution/0550071/

Some more info here - 5x7 or 7x6 Headlight Options Part 1 (LED) | Headlight Revolution - YouTube

Cheapest I found them online is $250 each + shipping.

Apparently theres a ton of fakes "online", and authorized distributors sell these for $720 a pair.

I chose to go the safe way & buy from an authorized distributor instead of risk potential future warranty issues; I will sell $575 + shipping for the pair.

JW Speaker has lifetime warranty that follows the headlamp.

Pics -

IMG_5221_zpsynzzhfqd.jpg

IMG_5248_zpspzt9lyns.jpg

IMG_5225_zpspopdr2in.jpg

IMG_5226_zpsqewe7csi.jpg

IMG_5223_zpsikwuf4vh.jpg

IMG_5224_zpsvgeteowb.jpg

Awesome looking lights !!! Wish I had a vehicle to put them in. Thumbs up for a great Comp D member. Buy these with confidence. I'm going to see if any of my farm tractors take a 5"x7" headlight.

Don't you just lose respect for people that jump on a guy's for sale posts and point out where to buy them for a better price? The original poster is within $25 of the Amazon.

I played around with a lot of 5x7 headlights and the best ones by far are the Truck-Lite ones. They aren't cheap, but I've been using them for about four years and we did testing on them in hot and cold. The only issue is they don't get hot enough in -20F to melt snow/slush off of them.

I think these are the one's I have, but they sell three now and I don't remember what one I had purchased:
Complex Reflector, 5 LED Rectangular, 2 Diodes Headlight, Polycarbonate Lens, E-Coat Aluminum, 12-24V | Truck-Lite

Yep; I have a couple different TruckLite phase 7 (latest gen) in SAE and ECE flavor.
They're great bang for the lesser buck.
These new JW Evolution lamps combine the low beam smoothness of ECE Trucklites and are at least as good as the SAE Trucklites on high beam.

Yep; I have a couple different TruckLite phase 7 (latest gen) in SAE and ECE flavor.
They're great bang for the lesser buck.
These new JW Evolution lamps combine the low beam smoothness of ECE Trucklites and are at least as good as the SAE Trucklites on high beam.

It's been a while since I've done testing on them, but at least the previous JW lights were bright, but didn't put the light where you wanted it.

And the TruckLite one's are $500 a set, so I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing if you said they were cheap. :Cheer:

Are you selling the ones you bought or are you selling them as a distributer?

Hey no worries, but since we are talking about lights...the JW Speaker version 2 Evolution combines the best of both current versions of Trucklites (betcha didn't know there are three current versions of TL 5x7s...the third is a to be released heated lens version due Summer '18, I will have a set in a few days ).

Personally, I also prefer the warm light (5k color temp) of the JWS to TL's cool light (6k color). Fore reference, good incandescent sealed beams in 5x7 are about 3k color temp.

Hope this throws some light on the differences. TL is the very best of the complex reflector LED headlamps, but you can have your cake/eat it too with projector headlamps like JWS -

These are the ones you have, SAE version Trucklite v2 (phase 7), I have the same version on this '81 truck (yes yes it has '87 grille) - outstanding high beam, useful low beam, lots of foreground light - I preferred these to the first version of JW Speaker.

54E6D62D-B88D-4DB0-BFD2-1B0F87B456F0_zps1p7po6p9.jpg

I also the have the above Trucklite v2 in ECE version, with two ignition wired LED chips on the heatsinks. Low beam is better than the US Trucklite, high beam almost as good. This on my bed less '90 D250. Doesn't have a rear axle or subframe yet, but dang it, it has Trucklite LED headlamps. -

IMG_5259_zpsxgyf1nyy.jpg

I'm sorry, I didn't see this was in the 'for sale' section. I thought we were just talking about lights! :doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back