K&N filter?? or help finding air filter!

Mr. Bob

I am almost ready to get my twins in, and am trying to be smart about engine bay room. The air filter I have now is a napa 6637 which is very common on PSD fords. It is 8" round, and 12" long.

I came across this filter from Diesel Power Source:

Twins-Alum-Tube-400x207-250x250.jpg

It is 8" tall, 8" wide, and 12" long with a 4" inlet on the bottom which is off set! Success, the perfect fit for my setup!

So I talked to them today and they said it is the same as a K&N...

If serviced regulairly, and properly, are K&Ns OK? I know a lot of guys dont like them, and a lot of guys who service them on a regular basis say they are good. I am having a heck of a time finding a filter that shape, size, and with a 4" off set inlet...

Thanks
Bob

A few more pics of it for reference

1009dp_02_o+1009dp_1994_to_1998_

1009dp_08_o+1009dp_1994_to_1998_cummins_big_power_small_budget+diesel_power_source_compound_kit.jpg

Current filter:

46637.jpg

by running the intake pipe down, it should keep me well out of the way of my cold pipe.

images

my current intake setup looks exactly like that, but behind the passenger side battery ( cummins not PSD ), I want to run a filter like the one in the other pics, in the same spot as my current filter, with the intake tube running down...

Tell me what size you can fit, inlet size, length, diameter top and bottom if you need it coned. I have an AFE chart that offers many sizes.

Tell me what size you can fit, inlet size, length, diameter top and bottom if you need it coned. I have an AFE chart that offers many sizes.

12" long, 8" wide, 8" tall with a 4" inlet on the bottom, offset... See pics above for shape I am after.

Thanks!

That's the issue, the offset drops the filter inlet into the engine bay, straight down goes into the wheel well

I wish I knew what your engine bay looked like. Could you change your intake pipe to get the filter to work. I take it its in a Ford correct.

We deal with similar scenario when doing repowers. Every time we called AFE, they either had a filter like we needed, or they made it for us and we had it in less than a week. We've run into some oddball stuff alreddy, and they always come thru.

I agree with the rest, I wouldn't put a k&n on a vehicle you want to keep.

I have looked through my chart and did not see anything close. I agree with the rest, give them a call and it should not take long.

Back