K&N filters

There was a very large test done years ago and at that time, K&N let in the most dirt i believe.

On gas vehicles, I don't mind them. However on diesel ... The poor turbo... Looks like it's sandblasted

I also read a test once that a factory filter will out perform a "factory fit" K&N filter. It said the gains the K&N claim to have are done by their facility with no oil in the filter and the flow rate of the filter drops substantially once the oil is added. FWIW.

and yet there are guys driving around with mesh screens clamped over their turbo inlets.

and yet there are guys driving around with mesh screens clamped over their turbo inlets.

Hell we've got high school kids around here with "built" trucks (tuner&stacks) that don't even run a filter...Robs powa they say!:nail:

I am never running an oiled filter in anything I own again... I bough a '96 Cummins with 120K on the clock and it looks like it had a K&N on it from day one. It also looks like the guy "maintained" the **** out of the filter... The entire intake system, compressor housing before the comp wheel, intercooler, everything is coated internally with black, gooey oil residue.

Back