Keeping the back end of the truck on the ground

tail gate up or down I don't think makes any difference, tail gate off for the weight reduction probably more important. Max'd Out run prostreet with the tail gate off, my other truck had a cover and I take the tail gate off of that as well, strictly for the weight reduction. These are both 4 wheel drives on regular 3/4 ton trucks so that may make a difference.

I used to have a Dodge Dakota with an electric roll-up bed cover.

I wanted to see the difference it made ad high speed one night...so flying down a Nebraska back road at 140ish I opened the cover...

Truck went form straight and smooth, holding the ground like it was parked, to well, I thought I was goning to die the moment that cover started to open. I got out of it and it was still a handfull until I got below 110 or so.

So of course I did it again!!! Just to verify my findings I did it backwards, got as fast I could get it 125 (pushing it hard) and then closed the cover...truck smoothed out and picked up speed, back to 140 with no problem.

Just my experience.

I used to have a Dodge Dakota with an electric roll-up bed cover.

I wanted to see the difference it made ad high speed one night...so flying down a Nebraska back road at 140ish I opened the cover...

Truck went form straight and smooth, holding the ground like it was parked, to well, I thought I was goning to die the moment that cover started to open. I got out of it and it was still a handfull until I got below 110 or so.

So of course I did it again!!! Just to verify my findings I did it backwards, got as fast I could get it 125 (pushing it hard) and then closed the cover...truck smoothed out and picked up speed, back to 140 with no problem.

Just my experience.

That is a bad ass dakota doing 140 and equally a bad ass bed cover that unrolls at 140. Hats off!

I wish I still had it...but it couldn't tow for ****, so I got a Cummins...now it can't tow either. LOL

Back