Kill Switch.

SmokinCAT

Cheap and Easy.
There is talk of BOB requiring us to run some sort of kill switch in our semi class, my truck will be driven to some of the pulls, is there a type of shutoff that will stand up to take the pounding of being driven on the road without tripping.

Asuming you have to have an air shutoff/Guilitine, just put a bolt thru it and lock it open while driving to the pulls. Change it to the pull pin setup when you get there.

Asuming you have to have an air shutoff/Guilitine, just put a bolt thru it and lock it open while driving to the pulls. Change it to the pull pin setup when you get there.

I was think about that after I posted. That would be the simplest.

I don't know if you need a bolt, why not just a cotter or hair pin in it?

Make your pin spring loaded so that it won't rattle out. Or use a small zip tie to hold it in so it has to break the zip tie to trip. Both of these have worked for me and you don't need to do anything when you arrive at the pull.

Zip ties are the best way. We had one trip from the bouncin down the track. For now and ever it has a small zip tie on it. They break cleanly.

All trucks that go out on to a drilling lease in the Alberta oilfield have to have a positive air shutoff. I don't really hear of them accidently tripping while in service. What brands are you guys using that can trip like that?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

How do those ones on the oil well trucks go off though?

We actually zip tie the pull cable up to it cause that's how it was set. It simply backed out far enough that it shut.

It's a haisley machine piece.

You can have electric, pneumatic, or cable actuator. Google Roda Deaco valve.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Well they have 10 on the schedule right now, I know I won't go to all of them, but if they are within prolly 150 miles of the house I might make it. Really it all depends on what they do about their weight rule. I'm not giving up 5K to the heaviest truck with this new truck.

Well they have 10 on the schedule right now, I know I won't go to all of them, but if they are within prolly 150 miles of the house I might make it. Really it all depends on what they do about their weight rule. I'm not giving up 5K to the heaviest truck with this new truck.

Are They 20k On Their Weight Our What's Up With The Rules?

Yeah, it's 20K, I don't know where they pulled some of these rules from, they want to keep it almost a street class, but want us to have starter interrupts and kill switches.

Yeah, it's 20K, I don't know where they pulled some of these rules from, they want to keep it almost a street class, but want us to have starter interrupts and kill switches.

20k Is a Little Heavy For a Normal Truck. I Can Understand Why They Want It. That's a Heavy Truck And Can Tear Some Stuff Up If It Gets Loose...

Actually some of the newer trucks are pretty close to that, just depends on how it was built. The GMC cabover weighs 18k with no weights on it.

Back