Killed my BTS

NEVRNF

Thats right. Cummins 1 BTS 0
Snapped the input shaft on the way home tonight. Pump and converter are junk. I'm sure the trans is full of metal. Probably going to need a new 6.0 cooler.
I guess this is a good time to think about a winter project. Might be good to pull the motor and replace the freeze plugs under the valve cover with the screw in style. I remember something about the rear freeze plug also. There is some kind of support/replacement plate?
I am probably going to rewire it for a 06 ECM so i can run EFI Live. Any other suggestions for little things while i got it out?

Their is a billet plate that replaces the rear freeze plug. Mine also has a 1/2 tapped hole and that's where my bypass valve relieves coolant pressure. I got mine at EEP.

Fleece's coolant bypass uses that rear freeze plug. Kill 2 birds with one mod!

I'm running a DIY coolant bypass. As far as the rear plate there is little if any room on a conversion behind the head. In fact my factory coolant tube is almost touching the head.
Does anyone make just a plate for the rear?
What about the small plugs in the head? Is it worth replacing them with screw in's ?

I made my own plate out of template I found online years ago.

Thanks Eric,
I got the trans out last night. It may not be as bad as i thought. No metal in the fluid. Normal schmeg on the magnet/drain plug. Input shaft is in tact. It looks like i tore the splines out of the convertor. I'm hoping i can just change the fluid and filter, Flush the cooler, and install a magnafine inline filter along with a new convertor and input shaft for preventive measures.

Back