King main bearings

aer212

Is there going to be any problem running King main bearings on a street driven Cummins? Reason I ask is I had them installed and my builder commented on the fact that they dont have oiling holes. I asked if that would be a problem and he said probably not, the bearing manufacturers know what they are doing. Then he said you will probably have higher oil pressure. Anyone have experience with them?

No oiling holes? In any case that sounds like a bad idea. My personal opinion

I couldn't find any pictures but on further research I found that the upper bearing has a oiling hole and the lower one doesn't. Does the block have one oiling hole and the stock bearings have two? As in one in the upper bearing and one in the lower bearing? I don't know because I had a machine shop assemble the bottom end.

The block has an oil supply hole from the oil galley to the main bearing and a hole leaving the main bearing that supplies the cam journal. So there must be two holes in the upper bearing shell.

Got it! I would think that there must at least be a groove between the two oil holes but not sure beyond that!

Back