kjp fab thread

Looks good. I'm not expert, but from what I have gathered, the hydro needs to be sitting a little closer to the axle. Reason is because you want the tie rod links to be facing out(toward front of truck) toward the knuckle not in(toward rear). When they face in toward the knuckle as you turn your putting more side load on the hydro shaft and it could cause it to wear out a little faster. It would just give you a little better geometry is all. I know you pretty much have it all welded up so it's probably a moot point, but if you run into an issue down the road I would bet that's the reason. :Cheer:

You're correct, with the ram not inline with the knuckles you're putting a side load on the rod of the cylinder. That'll potentially groove the rod at the piston end where the most deflection occurs. Chances are the wiper seals will pour fluid before that happens.

You're also putting more load on the shank of the heim joints and in a bind against the rocks you're most likely to snap the shank of the heim.

Not a big deal on a trailerqueen with only 315's, but run some big meats and put it all in a bind and you're really asking a lot of some stock knuckles...

Either way, lots of guys do it and you don't hear of too many failures aside from the rock bouncers. Your fab work is really clean, wish I could weld like that, but self teaching oneself sure takes a lot more research and practice time ;)

The tig welder wasnt cheap but it has easily payed for itself in the short time i have had it. I really like tig welding and doing fabrication work. Slowly overtime i will get more tools so i can do a better job and make it easier on myself.

The tig welder wasnt cheap but it has easily payed for itself in the short time i have had it. I really like tig welding and doing fabrication work. Slowly overtime i will get more tools so i can do a better job and make it easier on myself.

I will say my little under the table TIG welder has been extremely handy for me too. I have a Lincoln SA200 that I use to use for everything till I got this machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like that 9 piece 90*. When I get some more fab equipment I may just try my hand at one of my own.

Plans could be changing so if anyone is interested in the tow twins let me know. If I can find a good hx35 to use I may just sell it. Was going to be a hx35 over s366/73/1.25 t4 with a tial mvr 44mm gate.

Catch can I just finished up. Next time i would like to use brass breathers instead of mufflers. I beleive the breathers would have plenty of flow and take up alot less room.

Attachments

• DSCN0270.jpg
    DSCN0270.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN0272.jpg
    DSCN0272.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN0274.jpg
    DSCN0274.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN0277.jpg
    DSCN0277.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 0
Awesome! Love it. I need to make me one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I no longer work for a company who had a TIG to use as I had free time to do so. It's on my list to purchase. Your welds look top notch.

Back