Knocking noise???

yoshi470

EDP Janitor
Ok heres just a little background to get where i am today. Around a month and a half ago i blew up a turbo sled pulling and it messed up the head pretty good. So i got new seats, guides, valves in the head and got it fire ringed as well. Got everything back on the truck and the new turbo as well. Filled the truck up with coolant after the first torque on the studs and noticed it was leaking out the back of the head. So i drained the coolant back out of the truck and just ran it without coolant in it to get the engine warmed up and retorqued the the studs 3 times to get a good crush on the fire rings. Put coolant back into and it didnt leak anymore and everything seemed good. Finished putting it all back together and drove it for the first time the other day. At idle it sounds normal like it always has. But once you get past about 1200-1300rpms a knocking noise becomes very noticeable. What could be causing such a knock? Bad injector, timing slip....ect??? It feels to have good power but the knock just doesnt sound right and never sounded like this before. No coolant in the oil or anything like that. Just checked the valves and they are spot on where they need to be for clearance. Any help/advice would be great!!!

also it was smoking about the same idle/cruising down the road. It hazes more now than it did back in may when it was running before but i think that has to do with the temperature/humidty. Could a bad seal or leaking headgasket cause a knocking? Was also told to check the push rods to see if one is bent.

No idea's? Also was thinking of this today. Head was decked .005" at the machine shop, and currently valve lash is at .010" and .020".....should it be at .005" and .015" now? Maybe that would help?

head gasket blown in between cylinders...that's my 2 cents anyways

Nope still havent. Been driving it thought put prolly 1500 miles on it or so. The knocking noise you can only hear once the engine is up to full operating temps.

Back