Lame day (need advice)

97 D-Tec

Ok so i go to get a starter from the old auto zone since its easy and i can do it (so i thought) On the way home i get cut off by a toyota 4 runner 4 times and boxed in by her fore buddies (that happend twice and this part happend in 10 to 15 miles). So i just drive around them all (she through coffee all over the side of my truck) and just put a good 1/4 mile on em. then the gurl starts following me(for another 10 to 15 miles) so i just pull in to a friends (just incase i needed back up) driveway and low n behold her bf shows up telling me i ran his g/f of the road and all this b/s.
once i straighten him out to where hes not yelling and trying to lecture me. i go home and do the starter swap. I swaped it in everything went fine (i thought) go to turn the key and it wont start at all it clicked in but it didnt even try to spin over. I try old starter same thing. What am i missing?

Make sure the trigger wire post to the starter is tight. Any looseness and the connection is not enough and blows the fuse. After verifying that, check the fuss under the hood and replace. The same happened to me 3 months ago!!

all my battery connections were good (one had a little bit of acid on it but not enough to ruin a connection). the ones going to the starter even before i touched it where clean. the purple wire (im assuming thats the trigger one idk) is so tight it will start spining the wire around as is the power one going to the starter. Which fuse do i check i tryed engine, the 40 amp ignition.

was she hot .. no she was alright but obviously her mentality is that shes some sort of gangster who can mess with anyone she pleases just because shes got a bunch of yes men (the guys who were blocking me) and a boyfriend

Ok so i go to get a starter from the old auto zone since its easy and i can do it (so i thought) On the way home i get cut off by a toyota 4 runner 4 times and boxed in by her fore buddies (that happend twice and this part happend in 10 to 15 miles). So i just drive around them all (she through coffee all over the side of my truck) and just put a good 1/4 mile on em. then the gurl starts following me(for another 10 to 15 miles) so i just pull in to a friends (just incase i needed back up) driveway and low n behold her bf shows up telling me i ran his g/f of the road and all this b/s.
once i straighten him out to where hes not yelling and trying to lecture me. i go home and do the starter swap. I swaped it in everything went fine (i thought) go to turn the key and it wont start at all it clicked in but it didnt even try to spin over. I try old starter same thing. What am i missing?
Somebody throws anything at my ride and there will be some tears followed.:rules:

dude i thought about just nailin the back of her truck n pushin her out the way but. the laws down here are so stupid.. if oyu rear end some one its your fault, and i knew if i got rear ended these people would of made something up to get me introuble

Where is down here? Laws the same here for rear ending someone.

Are you sure the starter is good?

Did you check the post coming out of the solinoid? I'm not talking about the tightness of the trigger wire. The post keeps the contacts together inside. It should be the 40 amp ignition fuse.

One day in college I was riding with Chad my roommate in his old white chevy. Two guys in a POS were trying to race us off each stop light. Chad finally bit and smoked 'em. After the next light, the passenger spit on Chad's truck. We finally made it to the last stop light next to campus, he jumped out and tried to pull the passenger out of the truck. They guy locked the door. Then Chad grabbed a 24" crescent wrench off his seat and put a big dent in his door. That's when the guys ran the light and got he heck out of dodge. I'll never forget the feeling of "I'm going to jail for that one". :hehe: All that for a little spit.....yip.

I used to have this problem, try and clean the bellhousing where the starter mounts. not getting a good ground through the block.

Rick

uk for some reason i couldnt find the thread... anywayz i fixed it .. fuse and relay (wierd imo)

Well at least you found it... I had a ricer cut me off and try to run me off the road after a VERY bad day. All said and done I ended up pushing him from one stop light to the next and through a red light into the middle of the intersection. Little bastard even tried chasing me after that. So I jumped out with my good ol' 2 1/2" combo wrench and he decided he didn't want to play anymore :hehe:

Back