Large twins, advise?

You don't need large twins to make 800 on fuel only... a good set of average size would do that, lol. I would think something around a 63/68/12 over an s475 with 1.32 exhaust housing woud spool well and be capable of that. If thats a little small, externally gate the 62 and run it over an s480.

I run a 62/71/14 over S480 1.32 with 5.5" race cover.

Works well on the street. Haven't had much time to tune them at the track. I had a 64mm comp wheel for the S300 if I decide I need more..

Thanks for all the info and help guys!
How would a s488 over a 68/71 work? Don't know on the a/r's, but would like some help

This rig is a 96 RC LB 4x4 auto

Thanks for all the info and help guys!
How would a s488 over a 68/71 work? Don't know on the a/r's, but would like some help

This rig is a 96 RC LB 4x4 auto

A S488 over a 68/71??? That would work terrible, maybe a 68/74 OVER a S488 but you don't need turbos that big, a 62 over a S478, would be perfect

Before you start upseting people with your lack of searching why don't you tell us what times your trying to hit. If it's going to be a drag truck then focus on how fast you want to go and your 1/4 times or 1/8th will speak for you.

Last edited:
Taylor's right, you'll get plenty of advice on here but its only as good as what you give us. Details about the truck front to back and the goals you're after? Chris

Billy Glidden is racing diesels now????? :hehe:

Billy Glidden is a ricer? :confused:

every diesel ricer I've seen was loaded with chrome and was slow... most of the nitrous drag racers I've seen wouldn't qualify as ricers IMO.

don't a lot of import cars use turbos? perhaps we should take those things off too

nitrous and diesel is a marriage made in heaven, just like turbos and diesel... I'm sure back in the 60's and 70's there were a bunch of old timers saying stuff like "you can keep that new-fangled terbahcharger doohickey, I'll stick w/ my 250 Cummins

Billy Glidden is a ricer? :confused:

every diesel ricer I've seen was loaded with chrome and was slow... most of the nitrous drag racers I've seen wouldn't qualify as ricers IMO.

don't a lot of import cars use turbos? perhaps we should take those things off too

nitrous and diesel is a marriage made in heaven, just like turbos and diesel... I'm sure back in the 60's and 70's there were a bunch of old timers saying stuff like "you can keep that new-fangled terbahcharger doohickey, I'll stick w/ my 250 Cummins

I have no problem with others using nitrous, but as far as I am concerned, hp and 1/4 mile times from a diesel pickup using nitrous mean nothing. An 800hp on fuel truck making 1200+ on nitrous is still an 800hp truck to me.

But a turbo is stall adding air, so would it really be a 300hp truck because thats all it would make without a turbo?
All we are doing is adding oxygen, bottom line, whether it be from a turbo(s), nitrous, supercharger, etc.
And yes there is plenty of reading on this. But like suggested a 62/71, over s475 or s480 should be plenty.
If you really want something bigger for some reason, a 64/71, and a s488, if your drag racing spool time wont matter like a street truck, but your only running it a short period so egt's are a little less of a concern also.

I have no problem with others using nitrous, but as far as I am concerned, hp and 1/4 mile times from a diesel pickup using nitrous mean nothing. An 800hp on fuel truck making 1200+ on nitrous is still an 800hp truck to me.

we'll agree to slightly disagree :D

an 800hp truck on fuel making 1200+ on nitrous is an 800hp truck on fuel and a 1200+hp truck on nitrous ;)

much easier to build a quick truck that's still fun to drive on the street if you don't mind spraying it at the track

If you want to know exactly what you need for whatever application you want regarding compound turbos, contact Nathan Wright at MPI. He knows turbos and makes great compounding twin set ups for Cummins and Duramax. As far as NOS is concerned that is a personal choice. Certainly only good on the track. Compounds on the other hand are alway there.

I would suggest if the OP wants large twins as his thread title states, he should be shooting for more then 800hp. At 800 hp the primary is about the same size as I would consider a large set of twin's secondary to be. :kick:

If you want to know exactly what you need for whatever application you want regarding compound turbos, contact Nathan Wright at MPI. He knows turbos and makes great compounding twin set ups for Cummins and Duramax. As far as NOS is concerned that is a personal choice. Certainly only good on the track. Compounds on the other hand are alway there.

I assure you nitrous is good on the street too! LOL

I never said not to run compounds, did I? :confused:

Want to go to race only with my 12v, what's a good size for 800+ fuel only?
Drag and dyno

Laren, your a tard. Just get your big single and be done.

I told you a 62 over 75-80 would be fine, you just didn't want to listen. Now these guys have told you the same thing.:bang

Laren, your a tard. Just get your big single and be done.

I told you a 62 over 75-80 would be fine, you just didn't want to listen. Now these guys have told you the same thing.:bang

haha, i love people like that.

Garrett

Back