Largest injector nozzle with single cp3?

smokingoat04

Not real sure
I was wondering who is still running a single cp3 with extremely large injector nozzles, and keeping rail pressure up. I am waiting on dual cp3s, however I have a set of industrial injection 85lpm nozzles that i would like to install. I'm currently running ddp180 nozzles with a dragonslayer cp3 from wicked diesels. With smarty tnt/r and an edge ez for tuning it hold 26500-27000 psi going down the track with very little smoke. I'm trying to get opinions if the single cp3 will support those nozzles without custom tuning via efi or a standalone. I know a lot of varibles come into play, however share your thoughts. I just don't want to swap, to find out i will have to swap them right back.

Let me know if you wanna let go of those 180s or if you would want to trade off the 180s for some DDP 150s

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

IIS 200% pump on a Dmax LBZ as a single with a set of 39lpm nozzles. 7.91sec. 1/4 mile at 179? mph. It's true!!!

I have the same pump as you and running 75lpm injectors. I have no problem with maintaining RP. My truck will smoke like a mother depending on tuning. I could run no higher than catcher#1 when I was running my VIN locked TNT-R.

After logging with efi live my single pump would barely hit 20k with my 65lpm nozzles and a hair above stock duration

I guess I'll just try it out and see. I can hold rail pressure on catcher #7 and #9 what little i've ran it. I don't mind dropping tuning, as long as it runs better. My thoughts are inject the fuel faster via larger injector nozzles, and less duration would be better than stretching the duration out with a smaller injector. Giving the fuel more time to burn.

IIS 200% pump on a Dmax LBZ as a single with a set of 39lpm nozzles. 7.91sec. 1/4 mile at 179? mph. It's true!!!

But what does this have to do with the OP question about 85lpm injectors?

I've never seen a ii pump keep up with large injectors.. esp with smarty tuning.

I've never seen a ii pump keep up with large injectors.. esp with smarty tuning.

I ran an II double dragon with decent results on some +80% nozzles. Never had an issue with the pump aside from throttle hang which I think had more to do with Smarty/MP8. I didn't run it very long before I sold it though. Had it for maybe 3-4 months, so I can't say anything about the longevity of it.

Back