last resort way to move truck into garage

asmxb24

I started helping a buddy change the front of his lift to a longarm to help the ride out but with 37's there was no way it was getting into the garage and then no thanks to ohio weather the temperature dropped below freezing and the truck wasnt going to get done outside when its right infront of a nice heated garage. I left the house and on my way back i saw this haha not my first choice of moving the truck if it was mine but i guess it worked. 2 jacks in the front and found 2 old chevy rims in the shed dropped the truck just enough to clear the garage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQZkiYTC54c&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Reminds me of when I put new tires and a stack on my truck in my buddy's garage one snowy, winter night. Truck fit by about 1"-1.5", but I didn't take into account the lift from new tires vs. bald and the 1/2" the new stack had over the cab... Needless to say, we had to drop 20 psi from the tires to get it to clear, then drive around the corner to the gas station on what looked like BFG AT wrinkle walls to air them back up for the drive home LOL

His wife thought it was hilarious that my truck was too big to get out of the garage, after we already got it in, lol. Sometimes you gotta do what ya gotta do.

Now that is using your noodle. I have a 7 foot garage door and a 6" lift with 35's. I think I may have to get creative myself when it comes time to do some wrenching. I was hoping just a set of old wheels and TIRES from the junk yard would do the trick. Maybe some tiny doughnut spares. What is the smallest they make for 8 lug?

Just use any old do-nut spare rim and drill your lug pattern through them. It's not like you'll be going around the block or anything! Although they are rather fun while locked in 4wd. on the street, gives new meaning to "drifting".

Been there done that-(the date on the pics are not correct more like 1993)

1250067762063210027S600x600Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back