Lazy injector???

4S FED

Head Monkey
Well, I think I finally got around to breaking something. :huh::

I noticed today, on a hard pull from a traffic light, that my signature BLACK CLOUD was a strange white/grey color. :aiwebs_029: Natually, when I got home I popped the hood and expected to see anti-freeze and coolant everywhere. Well... NOTHING. Coolant is spot on the mark, and the oil looked good. Could it be a injector crapping out?

The truck pulls HARD from a stop. And it doesn't miss. She is a little loud on startup these days, but it is just getting broke-in (6000 miles) and I figured it would get louder.

I am taking a trip to MI in a few weeks. I hope it will make it up there. :bang

Anybody have any ideas???

Wow, this site has got slower than I thought! :(

Maybe I should post at the "other" site............. :bang

EDIT: I don't mean that... I LOVE THIS PLACE! :) It has been SLOW here though. :( This is the first time I've been home in about 1 1/2 months and able to post. :S But, I still have a HUGE post count compared to half of the "regulars" from the "old" site. :confused:

Last edited:
All I want to know is, if it is safe to drive another 2000 highway miles. :confused:

I will order a set of injectors and a Beans Turbo and install them while I am in MI, if I need to. I just need to make the trip up there! (My friend owns his own shop, and is a ASE Tech that knows the 6.0). Hell, might as well do the head gaskets and studs while I'm in there! :rockwoot:

But, really, I have other things to spend my money on right now. If I can make it up there and back... I can just take it to DJ and tell him to "call me when it's done". :evil

Hell, maybe I am being a TURD and thinking it's a problem when it's not. :confused: The smoke is white, mostly.... I hear that is unburnt fuel?? Hell, I don't know. I just don't want to be stranded half-way accross the country! :smirk:

I just replaced injector number 1 due to white smoke on start up and rough idle. was also missing. I would make sure the oil is where it is suppose to be on the dipstick and you havent gained by putting fuel in the crankcase from a leaking o-ring. you may try to unplug the egr valve and see if it goes away. If you have a scanner with live data stream look at the EBP sensor since this fail at a more than routine rate. Thats about all I would guess at , oh one more thing is to consider the oil you are using, recent change in weight or brand?
Ted.
Yes it has been slow here lately. Good because I can go to bed quicker each night (not as much to read), bad because the information is not there.
Ted.

Thanks, Ted. That was all good info! :rockwoot: :thankyou2: My oil hasn't seemed to have moved. But, I will go back out there and give it a good sniff to see if it smells like fuel. It shouldn't, the oil is only about 1500 miles old.

Then I will unplug the EGR and take a drive to see if it helps. It "should" be turned off in my tune from IDP, but who knows. I think I will also switch back to the stock tune and see if it still does anything funky. I might buy a TS 5x to go to MI with... :bang

I agree about it being slow, but that is actually a function of the fact that there are only 520ish members here as of now. as the site grows, I think you will see a faster response.

4S FED said:
Well, I think I finally got around to breaking something. :huh::

I noticed today, on a hard pull from a traffic light, that my signature BLACK CLOUD was a strange white/grey color. :aiwebs_029: Natually, when I got home I popped the hood and expected to see anti-freeze and coolant everywhere. Well... NOTHING. Coolant is spot on the mark, and the oil looked good. Could it be a injector crapping out?

The truck pulls HARD from a stop. And it doesn't miss. She is a little loud on startup these days, but it is just getting broke-in (6000 miles) and I figured it would get louder.

I am taking a trip to MI in a few weeks. I hope it will make it up there. :bang

Anybody have any ideas???

when the truck is cold . stick your head under the drivers floor, listen for a loud huming noise. if is loud one of your injectors took a .....

dj:evil

Domingo, you have quite a way of diagnosing these things LOL

I have replaced 4 injectors in mine, and I again have a lazy injector. The cool part is that I am having studs installed too when they pull it apart.

Timbeaux38 said:
Domingo, you have quite a way of diagnosing these things LOL

Bwahhahah!!! I know! Ain't it GREAT! LOL :thankyou2: :ylsuper: :evil

Back