LBZ New Engine Build

Duramax 6.6L

Diesel Tuner
I am going to start a new engine build for an LBZ. My question is, what version of the Duramax engine would be best used for this project. I know the block has been updated many times as well as internal components. I am hoping to be building a stroker motor with twin or triple turbos.

Thank for your input.

later blocks and cranks are said to be stronger but the highest hp trucks are still using LB7 blocks, cranks, ect. from what I see.

If you have to get a block for this build I would go with an LB7. I'm hearing of a few LBZ blocks that have cracked cylinders. Also an LB7 shortblock can be found easier and cheaper.

I know the LML motors have a better oiling system, I will buy what ever engine I need for this built up. Motor will be a twin or triple turbo with SoCal stage 2 heads with titanium retainers and a drag racing or sled pulling cam.

There are much better cylinder heads out there for far less money. Just remember its the TOTAL combination of parts that makes it work. My best advise to any customer is to pick someone and go with there combination of parts for what you are wanting. The mix and match just does not get it done. Also be realistic about what you expect and do not get butt hurt when you cannot have it all. Your not going to get a 1500 Hp engine and expect to daily drive it!

Back