leaking antifreeze

2001cummins

Costly
Leaking antifreeze on the driver side nothing major just a slow slow drop. I am seeing how bad the radiators are in these trucks. If that is what is leaking.

Under $200 for a replacement and about an hour to replace depending on how long ago the hoses were last off. Look at the tanks, one of mine cracked. If you have a good local radiator shop they can probably replace tanks pretty cheap. I replaced the entire unit since it was going to be just about the same $$$ as having mine fixed.

Just replaced mine. Leaking driver side tank. Radiator had @ 400K on it. Got one from RockAuto $170 shipped.

Well mine only has 161k on it. It doest leak bad though. I was under the truck for 5 min and it dripped 4 times.

Leak stop is the devil, just repair it the right way or buy a new one if you don't want problems down the road

NO on the stop leak! Take it out & take it to your local radiator repair shop?

I agree on no stop leak! The previous owner of my truck put it in, the heater core is plugged and when I pulled my motor last weekend I opened the peacock on my radiator and it drained real slow for about 5 minutes then quit. I took the bottom hose off and there was another 2 gallons left

Yeah thats what im going to do this weekend. I hope its not the radiator, but just have to see. thanks guys

I had to install a Sinister coolant bypass filter on mine because when I replaced my head gasket my block was Filled with Crap!!

Back