Votes: 7 46.7%
  • HID

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • OTHER

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

wwm

TO MANY TRUCKS
I was wondering if some people have done just the bulb replacement in the stock headlight. I don't want to run HID lights because I hear they flicker.

I some of y'all shine a light on this topic.
Picture will be greatly appreciated and the pros and cons of running them.

Thanks in advance

Good quality kits like those from http://www.theretrofitsource.com/ with harness do not flicker. I have enjoyed my retro-fitted Acura TL bi-xenon projectors (D2s bulbs) since 2009.

Just getting a bulb and using your existing housing diffuses the output, lessening its effectiveness and may blind on-coming traffic.

Here is a picture where you can see the width and cutoff of my set.

Attachments

• bi-xenon projector.jpg
    bi-xenon projector.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 0
I haven't tried them yet but have heard good things about the drop-in LED replacements in the stock housings...

We have been selling LED bulbs here at the shop and I have them in both my wife's and my truck and love them. We both came from HID's.

We have been selling LED bulbs here at the shop and I have them in both my wife's and my truck and love them. We both came from HID's.

Chase are you running them in the stock housings or modified with projectors? How are they with oncoming traffic? I always hate when oncoming traffic has HIDs in a stock housing as it blinds other drivers, but I hear good things about the LEDs!

Are you running the http://www.firewireleds.com LEDs or something else? Those are the ones I have been looking at for my truck and Kyle's Jetta. I have factory HIDs installed in my Jetta and I like them, but I want something better that works with a stock housing.

I am running them in stock housings. The cut off line is a lot better than HID's due to the design of the bulbs. We are selling a similar brand, I sent them over to get put on our website so they should be on there shortly. For right now we have been selling a ton due to word of mouth.

Chase, do you have a price and what brand led you all are selling?

Direct replacement or do you have to modify anything?

A buddy of mine is a sales rep for The Retrofit Source, and I've recently gone through the headlight process with my '96. He tells me the LED's are promising, but still don't match the lumens or candela of a quality HID retrofit setup. You also won't have any flickering with a quality HID kit.

Sent from my iPad

Just switching to the sport [double bulb] headlight housing is a 200 percent improvement over the stock housings. Adding the relay kit helps too.
The stock single bulb housings, the lo beams are too low and the high beams are too high and border on dangerous!

Chase, do you have a price and what brand led you all are selling?

Direct replacement or do you have to modify anything?

They are 135 for single beam and 150 for dual beam I believe. You do not have to modify anything... Very simple plug and play. The ones in my truck are allhids brand. We are a dealer for them and they have worked flawlessly versus my previous hids.

They are 135 for single beam and 150 for dual beam I believe. You do not have to modify anything... Very simple plug and play. The ones in my truck are allhids brand. We are a dealer for them and they have worked flawlessly versus my previous hids.

Chase are you running them in the stock housings or modified with projectors? How are they with oncoming traffic? I always hate when oncoming traffic has HIDs in a stock housing as it blinds other drivers, but I hear good things about the LEDs!

Are you running the http://www.firewireleds.com LEDs or something else? Those are the ones I have been looking at for my truck and Kyle's Jetta. I have factory HIDs installed in my Jetta and I like them, but I want something better that works with a stock housing.

Hey Chase.. The Allhids and firewireleds brands are the same guys aren't they? Just his LED and HID brands...

Back