Left Coast Diesel/Winspeed Grid Delete

K.Frog

sexually attracted 2 fire
I'd like to take a moment and tell people about LCD/Winspeeds Grid delete. First off, I'd like to start by saying that they are a great group of people to deal with. Awesome, knowledgeable, and experienced staff. Secondly, I could not be happier with the delete. Awesome stuff, very well made. Perfect fit and finish and so easy you can install it One handed! No B.S.

To be honest , I was sceptical on whether or not it would make any difference, but WOW! To be perfectly honest, no seat of the pants gain, but thats not what I was hoping for. It did however drop my EGT's by 200* across the board. From 1000-1050* @ 70mph on the freeway, on level ground to 800*. My cool down temps drop much faster, and the spool seem to be better as well. I am extremely impressed, and wish I would have gotten one sooner. Left Coast Diesel also has before and after dyno results for these deletes showing HP gains, I cant wait to dyno my truck again and see the difference! Honestly, for the price, its hard to beat this mod for my set-up, Inexpensive, easy to install, Lower EGT's, more power, less restriction, fewer wires and cables under my hood, and they look awesome and are availabe in different anodized colors.

Awesome stuff Left Coast Diesel, I look forward to future business.
Thank You,
Rob Evans

WOW how much did Erik and Adam pay you for that?......JK.

Ive had one for a while and it works very well. I removed all the solnoids and wiring and it really cleaned up my engine compartment.

e_baCOMMONRAIL_008.jpg

e_baCOMMONRAIL_010.jpg

e_baCOMMONRAIL_007.jpg

I've got that. Didn't make any difference in anything on my truck. But it looks pretty.

Lots of companies make these. I had a red anodized delete from Glacier on my 05.

That'd probably wouldn't be a good idea for us fellers that live in the cold climate..?? Not sure how the truck would like starting in the cold with no grid heater

I've got that. Didn't make any difference in anything on my truck. But it looks pretty.

Pretty much the same for me. I put it on a dyno before...bunch of different settings on the TST (faster than reprogramming the Smarty), and it made just about no difference. The dyno graphs looked exactly the same, and nothing drastically different in EGT's.

But yeah, it's pretty.

Pretty much the same for me. I put it on a dyno before...bunch of different settings on the TST (faster than reprogramming the Smarty), and it made just about no difference. The dyno graphs looked exactly the same, and nothing drastically different in EGT's.

But yeah, it's pretty.

Did you trim the gasket to fit the intake plate? I'll admit you aren't going to feel 10 or so hp. But we almost always see a difference in EGT and cool down. We have dynoed before and after on over 8 different trucks and they all made a little more power with them, not much usually between 7-10, but you have to trim the stock gaskets or they impede the airflow a bit.

Thanks for the kind words Robert, I'm glad you like it.

Did you trim the gasket to fit the intake plate? I'll admit you aren't going to feel 10 or so hp. But we almost always see a difference in EGT and cool down. We have dynoed before and after on over 8 different trucks and they all made a little more power with them, not much usually between 7-10, but you have to trim the stock gaskets or they impede the airflow a bit.

Thanks for the kind words Robert, I'm glad you like it.

I'll try that on mine when I replace the pump next week.

I went with Hellmann's myself. I liked the way he milled out for the injector line.

Maybe I should have gone with Winspeed.... 200F drop in EGT's ???? Never seen anything like that.

do u get a CEL from doing this mod. If u do does it put the truck in limp mode. I get a low boost in range code from my single charger, cant seem to get it to stop, I just dont want another code. Living in las vegas dont need a heater grid.

I'm interested in purchasing one and am sure I can do the install, But what else is required with this??? What is done with the stock wiring for the hearter grid??? Can you just pull fuses or something??

Just would like to know the install details if anyone has the time.....Thanks!

just a matter of pulling off the intake and removing it. There's one wire from it to the solenoid by the second battery. Some remove the solenoid and some don't. Some trucks leave a CEL, some don't.

Not to discredit what K.Frog found Dave, but... it's very unlikely you're going to see a 200F drop in EGT's by doing it. I didn't notice a thing but, I'm sure it helps a bit with flow.

just a matter of pulling off the intake and removing it. There's one wire from it to the solenoid by the second battery. Some remove the solenoid and some don't. Some trucks leave a CEL, some don't.

Not to discredit what K.Frog found Dave, but... it's very unlikely you're going to see a 200F drop in EGT's by doing it. I didn't notice a thing but, I'm sure it helps a bit with flow.

Thanks man.......Yeah, I'm not so much worried about the poss. performance gain or egt drop....My common sense tells me that those claims are a little far off.....But, It does kinda look cool and should be fairly cheap to buy...Plus, If it helps even just 5 hp or so, that'll be ok with me too....

It'll help. Less air restriction always helps. I've considered getting one and getting a block heater or something to compensate for the winter but I'm not sure.

How does a little grid taken out equal 200 lower exhaust temp???

By switching my intake horn it dropped my EGT 50-75* and adding my S&B intake lowerd it the same. More air flow=cooler engine/better running engine.

Now it won't drop it 200* but it will help.

Back