tractionbars005.jpg

tractionbars002-1.jpg

cp3017.jpg

cp3018.jpg

puller.jpg

truck007.jpg

tractionbars004.jpg

QUOTE]

jlibert what joints are those? where did ya get them and how are they holding up?

X2. something about SSpeeDEMONSS aviator just draws me in. :bang

I got them from some online 4x4 shop. They're similar to currie's joints. They're holding up good as far as I can tell. Haven't pulled with them yet, just street driving.

sweet, thanks man. they are a good lookin joint. look tuff. i'll have to have a look around on the internet machine.

not sure who made them but ballistic fabrication has a big selection of stuff and they have those spherical joints on their website...super beefy stuff.

Ok, I'm gettin ready to fab up some bars, tell me some do's and dont's? like whether to weld to the frame or make some bolt on brackets? or whether or not to weld the tabs to the axle or weld them to the u bolt plate? help me out! how long do they need to be for drag racing/ street driving? the reason I am building these is i sent my pinion straight up in my other dodge and the parts I am gettin to build them are free!

Ok, I'm gettin ready to fab up some bars, tell me some do's and dont's? like whether to weld to the frame or make some bolt on brackets? or whether or not to weld the tabs to the axle or weld them to the u bolt plate? help me out! how long do they need to be for drag racing/ street driving? the reason I am building these is i sent my pinion straight up in my other dodge and the parts I am gettin to build them are free!

Are you using a heim (spherical) joint that can pivot, or just a bushing with a sleeve. My old bars used tractor 3rd arm heims, and went from the bottom of the U-bolt plate to the bottom of the frame...this wont work with bushings unless you weld all brackets on an angle because they dont line up. My new bars use bushings so I have them welded just inside the u-bolt plate so that it lines up right under the frame rail and goes straight forward.

As for welding to the frame, some people say its bad, but the way I did mine was to slowly stitch the bracket to the bottom of the frame and let it cool, then made my gusset plate that goes around the channel and spread the load out on the frame. Again slowly stitching and alternating sides as to not get the frame too hot in one spot.

Are you using a heim (spherical) joint that can pivot, or just a bushing with a sleeve. My old bars used tractor 3rd arm heims, and went from the bottom of the U-bolt plate to the bottom of the frame...this wont work with bushings unless you weld all brackets on an angle because they dont line up. My new bars use bushings so I have them welded just inside the u-bolt plate so that it lines up right under the frame rail and goes straight forward.

As for welding to the frame, some people say its bad, but the way I did mine was to slowly stitch the bracket to the bottom of the frame and let it cool, then made my gusset plate that goes around the channel and spread the load out on the frame. Again slowly stitching and alternating sides as to not get the frame too hot in one spot.

thanks TJ! how long do they need to be on a shortbed? oh yeah I am using heims!

What would be the best set up to run for a dd-farm truck that does quite a bit of hauling and has a lot of wheel hop on the road that gets kind of embarrassing?

How much adjustment is needed in the bars? Iam guna finish mine tomorow. I've got all the brakets cut, ground,and drilled and the front brackets bolted to the frame but still wondering how much adjustmeny is needed. Iam useing cat top links that have 6 inches of thread on each end. I know I won't need anywere near that much. At 3 inches showing on each it just looks weird. Any info will help. Thanks in advance

Do the bars have to be long enough to get to the boxed frame? I want them to be shorter! the brackets will be bolt-on, and these will be for drag racing more than sled pulling!

here is what I have so far. need to finish painting so i can git some better pics.

Attachments

• 001-1.jpg
    001-1.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 87
Do the bars have to be long enough to get to the boxed frame? I want them to be shorter! the brackets will be bolt-on, and these will be for drag racing more than sled pulling!

Anybody?

Back