lets see pics of traction bars

I have my joints and picked up my DOM today, 2.25" OD, 1.5" ID .375" wall. Now I just have to wait for the holidays to get over so I can get them done.

PC180448.jpg

PC180449.jpg

PB140341.jpg

PB140338.jpg

PB140339.jpg

the brakets for my adjustable ladder bars, the one on the left is homemade and on the right is a piece from ballistic fab.
001-4.jpg

some of my welds all mig
006-1.jpg

003-4.jpg

I drilled and tapped the suspension block, and welded a heims joint to the u-bolt bracket on the bottom of the axle...the made a plate that bolted to where the skid plate goes and somewhere else...its been too long, i will try to get pics soon

has anyone seen Rize Industries bars for their big lifts? they look real nice, they are an A-frame design, they have a real nice front shackle mount, probably crazy stupid money though... when i used to build rockcrawlers with rear leaf springs i used a single a-frame bar mounted close to the center of the diff so the suspension could flex all over, basicly just to keep the pinion from pointing up in the air. that setup definately made a lot of anti-squat so i think two of them would work good for pulling.:blahblah1:

Today it ocurred to me that an old leaf spring mount bolted to the side of the frame would make a handy link bar mount. Anyone else thought of this?

Are you planning on running the bars on the outside of the frame? Otherwise, it is a lot of material just for a mount.

Back