Let's see your CB setups.

Curious, I have my CB Whip just mounted to the front of the box. Should I run a ground wire from the frame to the mount, or will the box ground be efficient?

I would check your SWR. If it's good, (1.0-1.3) roll with it. As long as your SWR is low you'll be heard when you key down. If SWR is high, then I'd start running ground straps.

Mine.....
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Got that about abt 5 years ago at the Mopar Nationals. Its made by Gunslinger, they make alot of different pistol grips to fit many Mopars. Company started with making repoductions and expanded to newer stuff. Ive never saw another truck with one and thats why I like it, plus I a big Mopar guy.

old picture from when I was just finishing up getting it into the truck. There is no more gap on top, and the mic hangs right on the left side of the console.

DSC01352.jpg

Had to do a lot of modding to the factory console to get it to fit, but its been up there for over 2years now still solid, hanging off the factory plastic.

DSC01335.jpg

Had a pair of firestik's out on the mirrors and liked them there, but since moved them to the toolbox.

DSC01354.jpg

What should I plan on spending on a pretty good setup? I want something with pretty far range if possible I have a 04 body Fummins F350

To the people with dual antennas, yall do know that if they aren't atleast over 8 or 7 feet apart all they do if hurt your signal right? Thats what a cb shop guy said to me when I did a set up on my last truck, don't qoute me on it .

Yeah, I've heard the same thing too. Done quite a bit of reading on it, and from what I've gathered, the only way dual antennas are beneficial is when used on an 18 wheeler that nearly always has a solid bodied trailer in the way. I also've read that it's best if at least 2/3's of the antenna's length is above the roofline of the truck.

What should I plan on spending on a pretty good setup? I want something with pretty far range if possible I have a 04 body Fummins F350

I'd say around the $200-$300 range. You can probably pick up a good used radio, have it peaked and tuned, get a complete antenna kit and have it all matched up for that amount.
I know the radio I want, a Cobra 20 LX LE 50th anniversary edition is anywhere from $120-$180 depending on dealer, so take that into account when picking out a radio.

I would check your SWR. If it's good, (1.0-1.3) roll with it. As long as your SWR is low you'll be heard when you key down. If SWR is high, then I'd start running ground straps.

In my eperience the grounds screwed me up. I run one ground and tune SWRs thru my antennas tuneable tip. Just my 0.02
Im running a galaxy dx959 peaked and tuned and a 4ft wilson fiberglass whip. JUNK. But i dont know how to post pics

Last edited:
I know the radio I want, a Cobra 20 LX LE 50th anniversary edition is anywhere from $120-$180 depending on dealer, so take that into account when picking out a radio.

I have yet to find one for that price. Cheapest I found was 200, the rest were out of stock. I want one!

I have yet to find one for that price. Cheapest I found was 200, the rest were out of stock. I want one!

Really now? My local radio shack's running a special on them right now for $129.95. But yea, they go really fast. Seems like you and me ain't the only ones that want one ha ha ha.

hey guys i have a cobra 25 nw with a wilson trucker 2000. put it in yeaserday and hit up a driver i passed said it was squealn on is end when i talked. any ideas on cause or how to fix?

Back