Let's see your pullin hitches!!!

I bent some metal that is alot thicker, with a gusset on it, i have no doubt that will bend and break within a few hooks.

getblown5.9 said:
I bent some metal that is alot thicker, with a gusset on it, i have no doubt that will bend and break within a few hooks.
Did XLR8R mention it's all high grade Stainless?
I know next to nothing about the stresses involved in sled pulling but have seen his designs for other equipment. If he under designed this pulling hitch.... it will be a first time...... ever! :)

We'll find out on the 23rd.

RJ

Last edited:
I got $75 that says it doesn't make 2 hooks as shown in the pictures.

RowJ said:
Did XLR8R mention it's all high grade Stainless?
I know next to nothing about the stresses involved in sled pulling but have seen his designs for other equipment. If he under designed this pulling hitch.... it will be a first time...... ever! :)

We'll find out on the 23rd.

RJ

its still too thin, it will bend and probably break, if not then those cheap red handle hitch pins will snap, especially the way they are now required to span and even wider distance.

the hitch set-up I had was bolted to a pintle mounting plate, 3/8" think, with a gusset and solid 2" stock for the shank...I bent it and its rated for towing 20k with 5k tongue weight

I concur on the breakage, and then you have driven all the way to Bakersfield CA for nothing. Re-engineer it now!!!! and save yourself the hassle later.

BBD

Yeah, that hitch is definity breaking after the first hook. Last weekend we had a pull and I bent both of my grade 8 hitch pins that hold my lunette ring inside my adjustable plate. I also noticed that the actual lunette ring holes are starting to bend. It is rated for 24,000 and 6,000lbs tongue weight. If that can't hold it, I am not sure what will.

Kyle

Is that the heaviest lunette eye you can get? Mine is rated for the same weights, and now I am worried I bought something too weak.

I find this hitch very interesting. The way the hook would lay on it would shorten the chain.

attachment.php

mech2161 said:
I find this hitch very interesting. The way the hook would lay on it would shorten the chain.

attachment.php

Yea but wouldnt that be just like moveing the hitch back further :badidea: But then again maby it would better haveing the chain shorter?

mech2161 said:

attachment.php

Just me but I think that hitch would break quickly with the extra stress beyond the pins that are holding the lunette on.

mech2161 said:
I got $75 that says it doesn't make 2 hooks as shown in the pictures.

$100 that TurboBeagler can break it on the first hook!:woohoo:

JOHNBOY said:
$100 that TurboBeagler can break it on the first hook!:woohoo:

Well everyone the pot is getting biggar!!! ante up!!!

Send me your money, ill be the banker HeHe

Michael

Back