Lets talk compound tubo's

Samaras Diesel

Billet steel
I put the 62/65/14 on my truck last saterday, and already, im wanting more.... I have an old but still very tight ht3b thats not gated with a 26cm houseing i could throw under it, or do you all suggest a s472 becaues im not going for an all out hp build, just want the exstra power for dd the truck/ light towing.

I have the ability to build my own pipeing, do i need to buy a kit like what industrial injection sell's were i add an s472 under a stocker or do i just need to build the pipeing so im happy with it?

You already have it and they are great reliable turbos. Just build your own kit if you can afford some down time.

Close to 700 with that air setup possibly more? You'll be fine.

Is there any thing i should do to the 3b while i wait to get my pipeing, flanges, manifold etc rounded up? Outher then a rebuild i havent heard of any aftermarket parts for a 3b

Is there any thing i should do to the 3b while i wait to get my pipeing, flanges, manifold etc rounded up? Outher then a rebuild i havent heard of any aftermarket parts for a 3b

Nothing is really needed but if you are that desperate to spend your money, I can spray paint it any color you want for $300, red adds the most hp. In this setup your limiting factor will always be the vp44. That turbo has supported over 800hp with different setups.

Last edited:
Im not desprate to spend $ i just dont want to have to rebuild the pipeing, etc.. 2-3 times a year...

Then build it right the first time, if you don't trust your fabercation ability then get a kit. There are plenty of ht3b s300 kits out there that work great. You will love the twins they make for a great dd/tow/play truck.

Thats what this thred is for.... I understand the phisics behind a compound turbo set up its the details i need help with....

Secondary (small turbo) gets exhaust first then sends it to the primary (big turbo). Primary gets the air first then sends it the secondary. So, secondary to exhaust manifold.

Last edited:
Back