Leveling kit - Dodge ram 2500 - differences of 2wd vs 4wd?

Rogan

US Army Tanker Vet
I ask, because all the ones I see for the 4wd appear to be made of steel or aluminum, and bolt in to the upper spring perch.

However, there are three trucks in town with 2" urethane spacers, looking identical to the ones sold for 2wd trucks. Are the differences minuscule? Or are the ones I'm seeing here, actually urethane spacers for 4wd?

What are the pros/cons to the metal vs urethane ones for 4WDs?

Thanks in advance.

The metal ones will rust. Urethane spacers wont rust. Thats about it. Ofcourse the aluminum spacer wont rust either. I have seen claims that the urethane spacers have a softer ride. I dont see how thats possible. Its plastic. Its not going to flex for a softer ride. I have steal 2" spacers and they work just fine. Its all personnel preferance.

Thanks, Aaron.

do the 2wd and 4wd ones interchange? I can't recall seeing any of the urethane ones listed for the 4wds..

thanks, smoken..
I'm curious, though, as I see 2" springs seem to be about the same price as the spring spacers, etc.. Is it best to go with one, over the other? Or is it no better/worse, either way?

Sorry for the newb questions.

I think I have some billet aluminum ones. Need new studs in them. I took them out and put in 1.5" ones since I tow sometimes.

Back