Lift Pump Return Line

ARbowhunter7

Opulence...I Has It.
Ok guys, I'm installing a FASS pump in a guy's truck (setup is a FASS 200 fed by a BDP sump, 1/2" lines to a dual-feed at the P-pump). Pretty straightforward, but the bed is a custom welding rig setup, and dropping the tank is not an option because of the way he built the tank mounts.
My question is about how to run the return line to the tank, since I have no access to pull the factory setup out of the top to modify the factory unit for the return. I was thinking about drilling a hole in the side of the tank (as high as possible) and just threading in a tapered brass fitting with some epoxy or RTV, and running the return hose to there. Anybody see an issue with doing this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AirDog uses this setup:

Fuel%20Filler%20Return_zps2aroi6yi.jpg

I'm sure they'd sell you one. Probably even a quick connect fitting to clamp on the return hose. Just don't mention the FASS.........

Oh, now that you both mention it, I have seen that before. That'll work out nicely. Thanks for jogging my memory, guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only downside to those is you can't leave the truck running when filling up. Seems petty but it has always irritated me on mine.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Back