lifting a dually?

POWERSMOKE 350

7.3L Dually 6" Stacks
Hey guys, I have a 2001 7.3L F350 Dually and am interested in adding a 6 to 8 inch(not sure yet) suspention lift kit to it. Is there such a kit? If so, how expensive is something like this going to be?
Thanks, Craig :st:

-2001 7.3L F350 Dually-Banks Sixgun, snow performance stage 2, 6" Bull Hauler stacks, K&N, 425rwhp- Soon to add race torque converter, DP tuner 140hp SMOKE, new tires and wheels, and new turbo wastegate.

Welcome man. I dont know how expensive they run but I definatly know they make them. I am a personal fan of Skyjacker but the guys on this site will most likely refer you to someone they know here.

Thanks man, yeah Ive seen lifted duallys before but couldn't find suspention lift kits for them on the internet so I assumed that they just had to buy a bunch of separate parts to put a kit together and get the job done. I never really checked that deep into it. Ive heard skyjacker is good- Ill check prices but I want some of the best quality for the most afordable price.

By the way, how many hp is your TS chip set on? Did you have to do any trany upgrades? With my methanol injection and six gun Im already havin trany probelems and when I get the DP 140hp tuner on top of that, Im planing to get a race torque converter and the Bully Dog shift enhancer. I might have to turn the six gun off until I beef up the trany quite a bit.

POWERSMOKE 350 said:
Thanks man, yeah Ive seen lifted duallys before but couldn't find suspention lift kits for them on the internet so I assumed that they just had to buy a bunch of separate parts to put a kit together and get the job done. I never really checked that deep into it. Ive heard skyjacker is good- Ill check prices but I want some of the best quality for the most afordable price.

By the way, how many hp is your TS chip set on? Did you have to do any trany upgrades? With my methanol injection and six gun Im already havin trany probelems and when I get the DP 140hp tuner on top of that, Im planing to get a race torque converter and the Bully Dog shift enhancer. I might have to turn the six gun off until I beef up the trany quite a bit.

My stock tranny went after about a month of driving it with the 140hp program on it, I just upgraded the converter to a dual disk and put a shift kit in and it held just fine after that. As for lift kits, I lifted a 97' that I used to have six inches and I used a skyjacker. It was a nice ride, and wasn't too bad of a price either. Good Luck!

Not sure about the Ford lifts, but my Skyjacker coils are shot on my Dodge. Sagged an inch and all the paint is gone so their all rusty. Not a bad kit if you don't drive it much, but for a daily driver look around more. Had to replace all the Skyjacker bushings this summer too. So it lasted about 4 yrs, that may or may not be long for a lift kit, but I probably won't buy another.

I agree with the recommendation of Donahoe Racicng. Just be sure to specify that you have a dually......that way the dist. can supply you with the correct rear u-bolts.

POWERSMOKE 350 said:

FYI: Id say the Meth didnt help the tranny much along with the 6gun.
Id say got with a TS chip or DI and forget about the BullyDog shift enhancer(you wont need it) get a tranny from Suncoast (if yours is already toast)or a TC and shift kit (if its not).
Dont bother stacking a tuner ontop of the chip,waisting $$ to do it on a 7.3.
The shifts are taken care of with the programming on the chips,and the shift kit and TC will add even better shifting and drivability.$.02 $.02

yeah I agree the combination of sixgun and meth didn't help the tranny. (the sixgun was a big waste of $ anyway -got it when I didn't know any better) the tranys not toast but it doesn't shift quite as strong as it used to when hauling so it is weaker. I plan on getting a TC and a shift Kit (thought the bullyDog enhancer was one -Ill check into it) I prefer the DP Tuner over the TS chip heard many more good things about it.

Ps thanks all you guys for the help about the lifts- ill do more research on the topic.

Craig

don't get the bullydog enhancer, save your money, DP or TS and DI all make good chip burns, also Tony Wildman.
I would say go with a donahoe lift kit, they make good stuff.

If your going to use the truck for towing, 6" is too tall. Ive seen guy's with 6"
on them but run stock tires & wheels.Ive got a 4" on mine Pro comp front
springs and stock in rear. The ride is like stock, the only thing I would change
is the shocks.

I do haul a horse trailer quite often with it. I know someone with an 8" on her duramax and hauls a gooseneck like mine. It does tip back a little but I think I could adjust my gooseneck hook up to accomadate something like that. I was thinking 6" at least cause anything less I would not be satisfied with because it wouldn't even be noticable. I want the 8" but I think it would be a little too tall for the trailer.

By the way, what kind of hp are you making with the 140hp setting on the TS 6pos?

For top of the line, you could go FullTraction coilover conversion. You convert the leafsprings up front over to coilovers, so you can choose your own spring rate. It is a well built kit, above all others, that is adjustable from 4"-9", depending on the coilover. However it is quite pricey if you arent set out to get something like that.

The best ride quality while maintaining leafsprings is hands down Donahoe Racing. In addition to the best riding leafs and shocks on the market, you also get a lifetime warranty (not really needed since they have more R&D than any company ever should), but its good insurance.

There is also PLENTY of other kits that may fall into your budget/ quality needs; and dually isnt as much of a problem as you would think...id love to discuss your options via phone or email if you would like.

admin@farmboyfabrications.com

- Jesse

Thanks man, yeah right now i'm saving up to get a new racing torque converter and a DP tuner but in a couple months i could probably have around $2K. I was hoping for less of a price than that however. You said the FullTraction coilover conversion would be adjustable? Do you mean I could pull over on the side of the road and raise it or lower it conviniently if I wanted to?

Craig

I recommend DR also. I've driven a lot of trucks and compared to the DR it is by far the smoothest ride compared to most of my friends that have SRW trucks. Depending on where you get it and what parts you add additionally you can expect to pay a couple thousand dollars on up towards $8000+. Remember also that instead of SRW truck you have 2 additional tires to replace.

Back