Liking this HTT Charger

I have now put a few thousand miles on this HTT Stainless Steel Super Stock SS. Zero complaints. :rockwoot:

Timmy got a chance to check it out at Garmon's recently and he can vouch on the performance. Spools great, makes solid 50+ psi at 475 hp.

Mileage has been great, cruising EGT's haven't been this cold in recent memory ( I see about 650 degrees /5-8 psi on the interstate at 70-75 mph)

Technology is just awesome these days. This single charger is performing in many ways better than my 35/3b twins set. Amazing. :thankyou2:

The charger is the shizzle... I am one of the most Jealous people on earth. That booger lights amazingly quick. This is on my list of must haves :woohoo:

Their Dmax is unit is pretty good too.

We made 674hp with 42 PSI with the "old" hsg, and will soon test the new hsg.

Trapper said:
David thats the 62 right and what turbo are you talking about McRat?

Yes, you are correct. Mine is a 62-13 but you can get 64 or 66 too. I hate turbo lag and am not looking for 600hp out of my truck. I believe I made the right choice. :rockwoot:

McRat said:
Their Dmax is unit is pretty good too.

We made 674hp with 42 PSI with the "old" hsg, and will soon test the new hsg.
When you say old housing and new housing I assume that you are talking about the stainless steel housing? From what I understood this is only for sustained higher egts. But what are all the other benifits of going to the SS I am going to be ordering a PS here in the next couple of weeks.

The 13ss housing will provide quicker spoolup than the 14cm cast housing.

Blackbumper said:
When you say old housing and new housing I assume that you are talking about the stainless steel housing? From what I understood this is only for sustained higher egts. But what are all the other benifits of going to the SS I am going to be ordering a PS here in the next couple of weeks.

HTT says the SS housing retains the heat better resulting in a 10% faster spool-up, has better air flow characteristics, can withstand higher heat conditions, and allows for a 71mm exhaust wheel with a 13cm housing.

I say it's pretty cool. :hehe:

Trapper said:
David thats the 62 right and what turbo are you talking about McRat?

The Dmax "Promax" HTT charger is similiar in design to the Cummins version, it's an S300G based charger. IIRC, it's a version of the 66.

I thought all the ss turbos from HTT were 62/14's i didn't know you could get a ss with a 13 cm exhaust housing are these a recent edition. I was thinking about getting one of these turbos but not you've got me wondering. what kind of sticks are you using to light it.

I also may be making it confusing for you guys. SS (Super Stock) with SS (Stainless Steel). So this one is a SS SS LOL LOL

DavidTD said:
Yes, you are correct. Mine is a 62-13 but you can get 64 or 66 too. I hate turbo lag and am not looking for 600hp out of my truck. I believe I made the right choice. :rockwoot:

Wait.

You can get 64/13?

Does anyone happen to have a compressor map of this little feller??

:snoop: :evil :snoop: :evil

MD-LUCKY said:
Wait.

You can get 64/13?

Does anyone happen to have a compressor map of this little feller??

:snoop: :evil :snoop: :evil

I believe that 64-13 is the turbo that GotBoost (Steve/Amy Long) is running that we made 750hp with and then went out and ran a 11.10 to back that up. :evil

Call HTT and they can fill you in on this new housing. So far those I know with this stainless steel housing like it. I will say though, mine doesn't look like the one Smokem put up but I guess it could be polished.

Smokem said:
I just heard that Bullseye is making a new turbo, stainless steel turbine housing, ??mm compressor, and S400 internals. I will wait to see the results.

Just call the guys in my link, they do the R&D for Bullseye :rockwoot: . They have been doing billet internals and crazy stuff for all the Borg Warner chassis stuff for quite sometime.

I'm still searching for pricing on this 64/13 and more information.

I think it is time to start considering injectors.. I just found my turbo. :)

MD-LUCKY said:
I'm still searching for pricing on this 64/13 and more information.

I think it is time to start considering injectors.. I just found my turbo. :)

Call them. I spoke with HTT this weekend and Everett said they will be officially releasing the product I believe April 1st.

He said information would soon be up on their website.

Back