Limits of BHAF

BuckshotRam

Around what Hp level does a BHAF start to fade out and something better is required?? Ive got about 45k on my BHAF and its getting pretty dirty. Ive always wanted an afe stg 2 but would I even notice a difference in that at my hp level? I hope to have ddp 2's and a BD super B trubo by this summer.

I've never been a big fan of the Stage 2afe.
That plastic tube over the turbo seems like a bad idea to me. The stage 1 is the way I'd go.

We ran a BHAF up to 540hp on a 62mm charger. If I remember correctly running without the filter only gained us 2hp.

I was able to pull the filter minder on my AFE 6" race filter with an 62mm when the outer sock got a little dirty

FWIW..I dont think the filter minders are a good indication of filter performance on a intake other then stock...did you read about the member on DTR that took his filter off his AEM intake and the filter minder sucked into the red with out a filter even on the tubing.LOL it's true..

I'm not a fan of a BHAF, but it does clean well!

With a 62 I'd say an AFE 5x12! People laughed at my 5x18 filter on the Bullet but it sure liked it over a 12"

Jim

I have a K&N that is like 6"x14" or something on mine lol. It does a pretty good job of filtration and helped a smidge on smoke on the bottem end. Made my own intake piping so the whole thing was less than $100

Back