Lines Connected to AFC housing?

Big Smoky

Former 35er Electrician!
Ok, I can't figure this one out. From the factory these trucks come with one steel line running from the intake manifold to the AFC to read boost right? Well mine has that, but it also has a hole drilled and t6apped in the intake horn with a boost line coming out of it connecting to the AFC housing by way of a tee fitting which the other steel line is already connected to. Why does it need to lines to read boost? Whats this for? Hopefully I was clear on what I'm trying to say, if not I'll take some pics. Thanks

Stock is a plastic line running from the head next to the AFC to the AFC, with most of the 12v having a T on the AFC with a steel line going between the valve covers to the wastegate. Anything else you have is from somebody later.

I knew the line in the intake horn wasn't stock, but I wonder if maybe the old owner had an aftermarket turbo which forced him to move the second line over the the intake horn? Also, should the FSS plunger come up when I turn the key on? Because when I turn the key on, it doesn't go up in the on position untill I start the truck and then go look at it. One time, the truck was running and it felt like it was in the off position and had a lot of travel when I pulled it up. Maybe this is my fueling problem?

The shut off shouldn't go up till you hit start, and it should stay all of the way up. If it doesn't stay all of the way up, you will be low on power.

The shut off shouldn't go up till you hit start, and it should stay all of the way up. If it doesn't stay all of the way up, you will be low on power.

Very true if it doesnt go all the way up you will loose a lot of power.. I had this problem...

Back