Little audio teaching please...

BRE

Alright well I just stopped and talked to the car audio gurus and this is what we have kinda leaned more towards for my new setup.
The boxe made for under the seat of an ext cab dodge. Sticking with 10's... looking at 2 kicker cvt's and a kicker 500 watt amp. Leaning toward Jl doors speakers and I've become pretty fond of a kenwood deck.

Im not looking to have the best of anything, just something better than stock and louder when I feel like jammin with the hippies. With that stated, is there anything "wrong" with my setup?
He told me that was about as good as I can go with that box and said it would probably do everything I was after.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Looks good to me holmes! Don't know why you'd want to jam like a hippy though... :p

Sent from a Dumb Phone using Tapatalk 2

I can't remember what sub im running, but its a 600w 10", in a box made to fit under the rear seat. Excelon headunit, and some cheap 6x9's in the door, with decent tweeters on the dash. A cheap 300w rms amp. I love how mine sounds, though I wish I had a higher quality sub. I want a jl but can't justify the cost when I have so many other parts to buy.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

I have 2 10's in a downward firing box under my rear seat, all memphis

When I was big into car audio I would put all of my money in to the amp and head unit. I still run a old xtant amp for my door speakers and a 10" in a custom box under the seats. For head units I love Pioneer just picked on up for my 03 w/ bluetooth and it works great on my iphone and ipad. Are you installing it or is a shop? If a shop is make sure they solder connections instead of butt connectors. Its the little things that make the difference in car audio for a better cleaner sound.

Come on Dean!! Lol do you like the box? Give me little more info lol

I mean it works just fine. I didnt want to bump out everyone at the stoplight, but just wanted it to sound good. I will take a pick and go find some specs on it this afternoon. They are memphis 10's thats about all I got. Box came from supercrewsounds I believe. I had a local audio shop do everything for me.

From past experience, the forward firing will be felt better in the cab than a down firing.

Im not a fan of the downfire boxes, it seems like you get more rattle and shake then actual sound. 2 DD 8's front fire behind the seat sounds real good

Ugh! Now your all making me wonder. I'm not lookin for competition style sound. Just a little bumpage when I need it.

Got the head unit this weekend. I'll slowly piece together the rest.
anynezyq.jpg

What happened to buttons on a head unit? I miss presets. Now it's gotta be one damn button and a dial and everything is done with that. PITA

Looks good though.

It still has pre sets. And they are easy to get to but I HATE listening to local radio. I use the bluetooth and listen to the music off my phone. I hate radios with a bunch of buttons and chit that sticks out. I like that clean look bruh

How does the bluetooth work? The head unit I got takes a min to sync with it. But haven't had any issues yet.

Watching this. I need to do some upgrades bad. We have 6x9s in the doors and behind the doors and tweeters on the doors. How many more are there in the second gens ?

I like the Bluetooth. It does take just a second but I didn't even run my USB out. I didn't wanna mess with the cord.

I have 4 total door speakers is all I know of in an eclb.
I love the radio so far. There are far to many and far too advanced setting for me to know what in the he11 im messing with though.

Back