Lly duramax help!

Casey Sturgeon

Just recently traded for a duramax, the truck has issues any help would be great!! Driving down the road the gauges will go crazy, it will flash unknown driver across screen then it will say service 4 wheel drive, the abs and break light will also come on, this will happen while driving or just sitting at idle and it last for about 5 seconds and goes away... On top of that the fuel gauge and oil pressure gauge do not work.. I think I might have a couple different problems.. I've changed oil pressure sensor, swapped clusters and had dealership sweep the gauges, nothing has worked, I'm at a stand still on this.. I've researched on duramax forum and posted with no luck, a few guys have said on older threads that it could be a ground issue, bcm, ignition switch, or a cluster.. Anyone had this problem? Any for sure fixes? Any help would be great!

Thanks Casey

I was going to say cluster but you've replaced it. Definitely check and clean all your grounds to start with.

Check the ground wires located under the drivers door, in the body mount cavity of the frame.

Cleaned grounds, took plastic off ignition nothing seemed loose or effected it when we wiggled any wires.. I'm thinking bcm, does anybody know if the bcm would also control or effect how the gauges work? Tonight while driving home the security light came on in the dash and when I got home I noticed the battery gauge just dropped off and then came right back up, and since I've had it the oil pressure gauge and fuel gauge haven't worked.. Could all the lights flashing, unknown driver, service 4x4 and gauges not working be connected through one problem or do I have several issues?? Thanks again for any help!!

Check the wire bundle that goes though the firewall next to the petals, I had a damaged wire in there that wouldn't give the BCM full power

Well I got the fuel and oil pressure gauge fixed, and fixed a few other problems along the way, but still have the lights flashing at random times with service 4x4 and unknown driver flashing.. I will check the grounds that you guys mentioned and see what that does

No luck with the grounds, I did unplug my kenwood head unit and it hasn't done it since but that doesn't mean it won't do it in the morning..Would the aftermarket radio have anything to do with it?? I have the correct harness with chime box intalled but its all unplugged right now.. Also with all the lights flashing abs, brake ect with service 4x4 and unknown driver across the screen, it has yet to store any codes!?? Any suggestions? Thanks...

Back