lly injector issue

trades2much

trades2much
Ok, My friend called and said he took his crappymax to a shop that checked the return flow rate on each injector, they did this while cranking the engine not running, he was told 4 were at 5cc 2 were at 6cc and 2 were at 7cc. they're saying to much fuel is returning and causing a loss of rail pressure which is why he is losing power and mileage. they want to sell him a new set of stock sticks at 390.00 each. Does anyone know if the tool Diesel Care sells on ebay for re-seating the check ball will fix this issue? Ebay Item number: 230364771623

I'm not entirely sure they're checking it correctly; Sounds like they want to take him for a ride. I think the problem the tool fixes is a stuck open injector which it sounds like they're trying to say his aren't opening.

they're saying that the injectors are letting too much bypass, either by bleeding past a checkvalve or maybe bleeding past a worn pintle or something. I haven't had a turdymax injector apart so I don't know how they tick.

they're saying that the injectors are letting too much bypass, either by bleeding past a checkvalve or maybe bleeding past a worn pintle or something. I haven't had a turdymax injector apart so I don't know how they tick.

So you come here and make up grade school names for duramaxs and expect help with a problem? where do I sign up?

My only two GM owner friends have turdymaxes that are broken. This one with injector issues 122k, and the other has windows in the block that didn't come with it and also has a set of quick release pistons!! 137k both are stock.

My only two GM owner friends have turdymaxes that are broken. This one with injector issues 122k, and the other has windows in the block that didn't come with it and also has a set of quick release pistons!! 137k both are stock.

congratulations. Your right, at least dodges never have issues. As long as you don't consider oil leaks, cracked blocks, balljoints, u-joints, numerous injector problems on 03+ models problems. They all have problems. Just trying to say you will get farther not being a typical dodge owner looking for help in the gm section.

did they buy the trucks new? may not have ALWAYS been stock...

IIRC the injector return test is done when running @idle

Thats why I think it needs to go somewhere else. It needs to be diagnosed running.

I have 30,000 miles on my 2005 truck and has had twins on it since it had 13,000 miles on it and now has a built motor... My brother has a 2002 dually with 220,000 miles on it, always been stock with its third set of stock injectors and runs like a champ. My other brother has a 2004 with 100,000+ miles, no problems yet, with a programmer in it most of its life...

A local "Dodge loving" mechanic that tried and failed horribly to compete with us last season truck pulling with a 24 valve 2001 P-pumped truck, has a 2006 Dodge Mega Cab with 60,000 miles(always stock) had his injectors replaced under warranty due to running like crap, burned a hole in number 6 piston a few weeks later...he had to wait 2 weeks for the truck because the local dealer had 2 others(with less than 100,000 miles) tore down with the same problems and were waiting on parts for those 2 trucks and his... But you are right, Cummins is the greatest and Duramax sucks!

I have 30,000 miles on my 2005 truck and has had twins on it since it had 13,000 miles on it and now has a built motor... My brother has a 2002 dually with 220,000 miles on it, always been stock with its third set of stock injectors and runs like a champ. My other brother has a 2004 with 100,000+ miles, no problems yet, with a programmer in it most of its life...

A local "Dodge loving" mechanic that tried and failed horribly to compete with us last season truck pulling with a 24 valve 2001 P-pumped truck, has a 2006 Dodge Mega Cab with 60,000 miles(always stock) had his injectors replaced under warranty due to running like crap, burned a hole in number 6 piston a few weeks later...he had to wait 2 weeks for the truck because the local dealer had 2 others(with less than 100,000 miles) tore down with the same problems and were waiting on parts for those 2 trucks and his... But you are right, Cummins is the greatest and Duramax sucks!

well as long as your understanding that cummins is the greatest and Duraflop sucks i wont make funn:hehe:

Last edited:
OK children they all have problems they all win pulls
it boils down to how deep are your pockets lets focus on helping him out:poke:

Thank-you Durydeek, turns out he had 4 bad injectors and a bad CP3. He just purchased a 06 commonrail and is planning on doing a transplant this summer.

Back