Lockup and OD wiring

shiftycapone

wandering the desert
I need to know which pins on the 8 pin connector on a 47re I need to tap into for lockup, OD, and power. This is on a truck with a full manual vb and NO pcm, so these are the only wires needing attention. A diagram would be great, but knowing which pins are used is what I'm really needing. Thanks in advance!

pin 7 orange with black stripe is lock-up and pin 6 dark brown with red stripe is 4th gear. Just run them to a toggle switch and out of that to a good ground to force them to work.

which pin is used to supply power to the transmission? grounding out will only work if 12 volts is applied as power

I believe pin 1 which is red. I missed the no PCM thing.

TransGoTFOD-30008.jpg

Hope that helps

Hey Mitch you gonna make it to Redding next weekend?

Unfortunately no. Truck needs ALL new wiring to start, and forced is out of compressor wheels for another 2(?) weeks. I just don't see it happening. I'm hoping to make it to Irwindale June 19, along with a buddy who is about to get his truck finished up here soon.

Hows the truck coming along for you and Cole? He mentioned the cam, any other changes before redding?

Ok i have a question guys.......i have an 03 and switched to a manuel VB off a ratchet shifter, my 47RE from before had an updated plug, now this new tranny has the old style plug....my lockup switch the way we had it wired only works part of the time and still runs through the computer. Anyone know how to run it through just the plug and a switch and give it power, and bypass the computer? i dont know im just at a loss

Ok i have a question guys.......i have an 03 and switched to a manuel VB off a ratchet shifter, my 47RE from before had an updated plug, now this new tranny has the old style plug....my lockup switch the way we had it wired only works part of the time and still runs through the computer. Anyone know how to run it through just the plug and a switch and give it power, and bypass the computer? i dont know im just at a loss

If it only works half the time, I would guess you haven't jumpered the fuse box to give the transmission full-time power. Search for installing a lockup switch on a 2003 to figure out which relay to jumper.

ok thanks ill check that out and report back im thinkin i did do this but we'll see.

Back