log splitter

I would have to remind that idiot of how muxh diesel costs and then teach him a little lesson on hard work. In other words: Get off your lazy butt and get to chopping hauss!

Innovative though, i guess HAHA

I use a log slitter at home here to split our wood for the winter. You may call it lazy but when you have to split 10-12 cords a year it is a godsend.

thats a good way to lose a arm, F up the side of the truck and waste fuel! if if he gets his arm caught in that he will be really screwed up since it will take awhile for him to scream then someone to get to the cab and put it in park...... thats a really bad idea!

Here is my log splitter anything less and youre lazy

119915_lg.jpg

I wander if the cord you see hanging is some sort of an engine kill?

Try splitting a truck load of red elm with that.:bang Laziness and efficient are two different things.:kick:

I actually have one that is the exact same thing but uses the PTO on the tractor. It is probably 50 years old, and I only remember seeing it used when I was a small kid. I can remember my grandpa splitting huge logs that were too big to handle. Just back up the tractor till it bit, and watch it split. Now hooking it to the axle of a truck setting on some jack stands.... naa ill pass...lol

I have always wanted to make some "mad max" truck killer out of it..... hmmm, wonder what I got going on tomorrow...:hehe:

come on guys that thing kicks ass if you thought of it and made it your self and used it on a beater truck. but to pay close to $300 no way

I sure wouldn't use that thing. That guy is kinda lookin for an accident

Yeah doing it by hand is ok for a couple cords, but if your bringing in 10-15 cords a year it gets old real FAST!

My brother was telling me today that his girlfriend's uncle burns 100-110 cords a year on his farm between heating the house, barn and shop.

You either don't use a lot of wood during the winter or you have entirely too much free time to use a maul to split wood.

x 2, knock yourself out with the maul buddy

I'm sure one of the Truck Mfg would find a way to void your warranty if you used one as it has a kill switch.

I remember using one of those as a kid helping my friend split wood. It sure was handy when we got tired of swinging an axe.

I am not lazy but I will take a my spliter any day of the week unless the wood I'm spliting is straight knot free oak or some other choice hard woods. If you guys want to use a maul of show me how to use I got steak and beer waiting.

I do what the boss says, when its time to cut wood... truck, maul, saw and have fun!:bang

I do what the boss says, when its time to cut wood... truck, maul, saw and have fun!:bang

Getting paid to split wood is a different story....splitting wood for you own use...the more efficient the better.

And btw IC I'm digging those wheels on your truck in your avitar.

Back