long bed vs short bed

smoken02

How much of an advantage does an ex-cab long bed have over ex-cab short bed in sled pulling? This would be in a 3.0 charger class.

Not enough advantage to it that it would be worth selling/trading a truck for. I've had many short bed trucks hang with me who were around the same power mods. You would gain more by setting up your gears for proper wheelspeed etc. One of the best trucks in my area is a standard cab long bed. We don't have 3.0 class at most of our pulls, just stock turbo & open diesel.

with the ex cab long bed you wheel base would be longer and the weight of the engine and cab would be farther infront of the hooking point. since your in the 3.0 class i would assume that at most pulls you are hanging weights. but i agree with the other guys set your gears for wheel speed and you will be better off. lose the back seat if you can and hang more weight out front

Long bed if you can do it. A proper setup goes a long way no matter the cab/bed configuration.

I have hade alot of wins with a short bed however all other things being equill a long bed has the advantage

look at all the big time pullers with fiberglass bodies, are they long or short bed?

I used to think that a long bed was the way to go, but I have got my short bed tuned and it does better than other long beds in my class.

I look at it like this to. There is always something bigger and badder out there. Im sure there are long and short beds that get the job done.

I thought Terry, had a tube chassis. Never looked at it though.

Back