looking at a TDI..advice needed.

tatersalad

2002 VOLKSWAGEN JETTA SEDAN - Footers Auto Sales Wever IA

now normally i wont do business with this place...however they haev what im wanting. the car is NOT a manual trans it is unfortunately an automatic...however i still like the car and feel i could work out a pretty good trade for it with my truck...shoot me some pointers guys. thanks.

ps - yes im very aware it is at the top of its price range..

Price seems a little steep for the mileage. Also on average I think you lose about 4-6mpg on the auto vs the manual.

My old tdi which i didnt drive conservative at all got about 48-50 and it was a 2001 manual. The girl I sold it and she babies the thing everywhere and get about 56mpg out a bone stocker.

That trans is about to go out, 140-170k and they are usually done for, forget rebuilding the thing unless you have someone close that deals with them on a regular basis. It's cheaper to swap a manual into it. Also if it has lived in the north all it's life there will be rust to deal with. If the guy will come down about 2k it would be worth it, but not at that price. Look around Nashville and further south, find one, get it checked out and fly into get it, you will be money ahead over that one.

It looks like it would be worth about $5,000 it's in nice shape my auto got 38mpg in town and 45mpg on the highway

Back