Looking for 600hp at the wheels

Jethro6213

I have an '03 4x4 dually. The truck is a 6 speed and has 165K miles. I am wanting to get around 600hp or so to the ground. I am wanting to do this with a single charger, injectors, modded cp3 and one programmer. I have a set of twins and dual cp3 kit that I am trying to sell. I know alot of you think I'm crazy to be selling this stuff, but I don't want to put any more money in mods than I already have. I was hoping that the money I get out my twins and dual cp3 kit would pay for the mods to get me where I want to be. Thanks

Should be pretty easy to do. Bare minimum gonna need a 64/71, 120 stix, smarty, clutch, and upgrade lift pump and cp3.

smarty, super b special, ddp 90's, and a modded pump has made 707 and 695 on two trucks I know of. That's a pretty nice combo do daily drive, and tow with. If you're dead set on 600 hp, I'd install the pump, downloader, and supporting mods and see what you dyno at. That'll give you an idea of how much injector you'll need to hit your goal. With small injectors, even stock, consider the addition of R37 TST for some more duration.

-jp

Thanks for the advice keep it coming. I know I could install the stuff I have and put more money with it and have way more than that, but I don't want to tie up all my money in my truck. If I drag raced or sled pulled it would be a different story. Thanks again guys.

Im there with Smarty, DDP 90's SPS 62/71/14, modded (B.O.P.) cp3. I tow 10K plus a lot and can still have my fun on the highway.

What twin's? I have a brand new special in the box that I was gonna put on mine. 03 truck would probably like 120's instead of 90's but I have no experience with an early cr, just going by things I've heard and read.

Last edited:
I dynoed 613 with the stock cp3 with what's in my sig minus the floor-it kit. 594 on smarty setting 1 and 613 on 7. Think I was starving for fuel.

I know of an 03 with a silver bullet, ats tuner and tst stacked made mid 500s with a stock fuel system/cp3 so its possible with alot of setups

smarty + pressure box + 120hp nozzles + modded cp3 + lift pump + 64/65/14 (for better towing) should = 625-650

Danny

I have basically the same setup as you are looking for. I'm thinking like stated above you'll need 120's to get over 600 with a early. I haven't dynoed with TNT-r yet but with TNT it did 562(sw9, tm3, tq4, rp4). It was in 4th and their computer had issues after that. Maybe a pressure or timing box will get real close with 90's. Maybe sw8 + timing might do it but haven't tried it on the rollers.

Thanks guys. I am leaning toward a set of 120's, stage 3 pump and and a Smarty. I'm thinking of going with a stocker/400 twin set up or a Silver 66. I just need to sell the twins I have now.

I run smarty tnt/r without the rpm increase on sw8 trq2 r/p1 tmg3 w/g off with 75hp ddp injectors, mp8 and twins. stk turbo/gt4202wg. I pulled 595hp and 1164trq with 50.6psi and 1164degrees with very little smoke at all.

I'd say 90's on the 04.5+ and 120's on the 03-04's. I'm fixn to put all my goodies on along with my super B special but u went with 120's and a big stick cam.. Stacking my TNT/mp-8 with an TSTR47 with turbo timer and new tunes but imma only use very low settings on the TST. If the little 64.5/71/14 gets hot then I'm goin with a silver bullet.. I wanted twins but they just seem like a headache. Simple and easy is what I'm after..

I have a buddy with a 06 trying to reach the same numbers he has a ppe and sb on it now he tried a Smarty and it didn't run as good as the ppe would he be a le to get those numbers on the same set up but with the ppe

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Jethro whats up man!I see your still trying to find that combo your looking for!

I have been doing alot of research also for my 03 and i think im going to go with a 64 turbo for now.Not sure I have a buddy with a 64 special for an awesome deal but another guy has a HTT 64 on cumminsforum.

I have 120 sticks,stage 3 cp3,smarty,150 airdog and now im trying to find what turbo size also to go with.(I also just bought a 2nd gen HTT manifold,doing the 2nd gen swap)

i dynoed my truck when i first got it with a diablo predator,airdog 150 and made 370hp/740 tq so i cant wait to see what I get now!

Im hoping to hit 600 with no problems!

Yea still trying to get get things figured out. I have the twins on Ebay. I'm leaning toward stocker/s400 twins, stage 3 cp3 and 120 sticks. That is if I can sell these twins.

Just thinking from my previous post that I only have a programer. Maybe with a stacked box you might get to 600's with 90's. I haven't dynoed TNT-r yet so it might have a bit more hp than before.

Back