Looking for a decent mechanical lift pump

For the most part it's always been advised to use a cummins brand lift pump if your going to stick with a mechanical lift pump. There are some other threads that mention using a comp cams pn 975-1 inner valve spring inside the lift pump to help it at higher rpms. I don't think that will work with these new style pumps with the tapered spring- which is also very weak.

Comp spring does work in pumps with the tapered spring.

I noticed that in the fuel system link that was posted. Carquest and cummims let me return the lift pumps, I ordered a comp cam 973-1 spring but have not tried it yet. I ended up deleting my sediment bowl and running a fuel line straight to a street 90*.

Attachments

• IMG_6510.PNG
    IMG_6510.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
I noticed that in the fuel system link that was posted. Carquest and cummims let me return the lift pumps, I ordered a comp cam 973-1 spring but have not tried it yet. I ended up deleting my sediment bowl and running a fuel line straight to a street 90*.

My Fummins doesn't have the Dodge type pre screen either but I installed a Racor PS120 pre screen before the lift pump to prevent any trash from entering the pump and possibly sticking a check valve open.

Back