looking for a really small turbo

SSpeeDEMONSS

Still Learning
small as in even smaller than a GT12. ive been wanting to do a little project for a while but not sure where to get one. not looking to spend a couple hundred either.

Garrett

i was thinking something off a turbocharged, 3-cyl flatsaw but not sure where to find one. i highly doubt i will be able to find something local here in socal either. i was thinking maybe a T3 off a 3000gt but im sure that will be too big. if i can get one for cheap it might be worth it to try.

Garrett

Did you see the link? I might have edited that post after you put up your reply.

oh, you must have posted that after i replied. that would be good. id only have to cut off the manifold and put a flange on it. not i just need to figure out if that would be big enough.

Garrett

I was looking inside the engine compartment on a bobcat/skidsteer the other day......that's a small turbo.

I've got a pretty small Garrett in my turbo collection. Would this work?
DSCN1121.jpg

DSCN1124.jpg

DSCN1123.jpg

Id say that's too big even for one of the 450cc's. Are you planning to swap in a bigger motor?

I'll be watching this thread....Ive been searching for a turbo for the dads sled to replace the shot aerodine. (2k to replace?!?!)

tiny boost

I used a gt 15 when I turboed my raptor a few years ago. I have a 3000gt turbo if you are interrested.

I've allways wanted to use a smog pump to supercharge a small engine,they are the same design as an early centrifical style paxton charger. No oil supply/drain to deal with,just need a way to run it. The only good use for a smog pump.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYbiTKtlFd4

Might want to talk to the guys responsible for this. The WR250X is fuel injected though...

i was going to do a draw through carb or run a small fuel pump and run a boost referenced fuel pressure regulator to keep a blow through carb full of fuel.

I used a gt 15 when I turboed my raptor a few years ago. I have a 3000gt turbo if you are interrested.

i MIGHT be interested in that T3. more than likely would be way too big but im only try for a few pounds of boost.

Garrett

Back