Looking for info on factory A/W intercooler.

admcummin

Can't seem to find anything searching, but I was wondering if anyone has info on the factory water to air ICs on the industrial motors. How much they flow and how much boost they can take?

You can snatch one or two off of a MaxForce15 (inter-stage cooling) and they are pretty damn stout. I don't think one is big enough to run alone, but two might be.

I was talking about the factory 12v one that bolts where the intake plate normally goes. I've seen pictures of people running compounds into them just cant find any info.

They are constructed very well. I would guess that 75 psi would not be a challenge. I would suggest a girdle machined to better clamp it to the intake. I have no idea of the flow numbers of it, or how much restriction it would introduce.
If you want to test it, clamp it to a plate & charge it with the max pressure you expect +25% for safety.

Ed

I had one and sold it dirt cheap, it didn't interest me after seeing the restrictive cover vs small core of actual cooling. Add in that you have to run custom injection lines and it's not a cost effective upgrade.

I have a chance to pic up a motor with lines and and cooler for 500 bucks. Be aide of all the negative feedback I might just use it for somthing else.

We ran one on a factory pump VE truck...Twins go to 80ish PSI, so I'm guessing pretty restrictive, but we haven't tested without it.

It's clicking off smoke free 12.30's, so we haven't worried about the restrictive intake, as we still need more fuel.

Chris

We ran one on a factory pump VE truck...Twins go to 80ish PSI, so I'm guessing pretty restrictive, but we haven't tested without it.

It's clicking off smoke free 12.30's, so we haven't worried about the restrictive intake, as we still need more fuel.

Chris

Gauges before and after would provide some handy info. :)

I've been speculating on those but where to get?

I even had a few but they didn't make the cut for taking up space when moving from CO to MN last year...

Scrap trucks are the best option. One's that have been in accidents. Oh and they are no picnic to take off either. Bring some metric sockets, a knife, and some pry bars unless you want to take Everything off.

This one holds 90psi
image.jpg

No and no
The gauge tap is under the w2a. there is just too much going on when I'm on it to pay attention to get another gauge let alone compare two lol. it's a bit of a handful.
I have been thinking of changing things up with either interstage cooling or find a air to air that will fill the grill area (remove the whole grill) for a diffrent look on a first gen

Back